Valley View Guest House
Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$736
US$695
  • Breakfast included
Bakubung Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$310
Agoda.com
Manyane Resort(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$109
  • Pool
Golden Leopard Resorts - Bakgatla Resort(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$221
  • Pool
Ivory Tree Game Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$544
  • Breakfast included
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)(Great Value!)
US$365
TripAdvisor
Lush Private Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
US$731
Orbitz.com
Tambuti Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
TripAdvisor
Tshukudu Bush Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
  • Pool
Black Rhino Game Lodge(Pilanesberg National Park)
  • Pool
All reviewssun cityevery eveningtwo nightsguesthousepilanesbergparkaccommodations
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here 9 years ago and returned with our small children this time. The owner is the same and so is the hospitality.
Very reasonably priced accommodations for the area. The rooms are reasonably clean, the grounds are nicely maintained.
What makes this place very special is the owner's willingness to make you feel welcomed and to fix anything that might not go perfectly.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2016

The small bed (1,35m) made our stay not very good. Also the mattress was not good.
I didn't like the choice of only menu. I prefer a la carte. We don't want to eat a three course menu every evening. We told we want to have only the main course, but they served nevertheless the three course menue. The food was good, but for the evening it is too much. The price of 200 - 220 Rand for the menue is too high. We stayed here four nights, the last two nights we didn't have dinner. In the evening we had to order breakfast, but nervertheless we were asked in the morning what we want to have for breakfast. Confusing! We asked for two glasses for the room, the receptionist refused and told us to take the coffee cups instead. But the chief gave glasses immediantly. Confusing! We stayed in the Guesthouse twice but for the third time we would not come to this place because of the uncomfortable bed. We slept better in our tent.

Room Tip: Ask the details for the room via your booking,
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

I was placed in a room close to Reception which was noisy due to people arriving at all hours. A night club close by kept me awake the Saturday night. Not sure if I would go back.

Staff friendly but don't know if that makes up for the lost sleep. Very convenient to the Pilanesberg game park.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

So called guest house has smaller rooms but close to national park. Cozy bathroom, rooms have fridge, split a/c, tea cattle etc and for the name of facilities they have gym, spa facility and restaurant. Good for a night stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2016

I think I would probably return to Valley View if I wanted to visit the Pilanesberg again. But unfortunately there are a couple of things that might put us off if they are not attended to in the meantime. The food is awesome, the garden is beautiful, the dining room is cosy, and the staff are absolutely fantastic. The problem lies with the room..... and more specifically, the bed!

To begin with, its called an executive room, which makes one think it would be at least comfortable!. They are nice spacious rooms, with a nice spacious bathroom en- suite. No rail or hook for the hand-towel, so it just has to lie across the basin or toilet. Shower is good with ample hot water. Aircon works well. There is a TV, but I do not know what channels were available, as there is absolutely no picture that you can make out.... just snowy outlines. There are 2 bedside lamps, but only one works. The other cord cannot even reach the plug. But then the bed........ I dont know if its broken or what, but it is sooooooooo old and lopsided, soooooo hard and uncomfortable. The second night I had to sleep in the chair, as my back was so sore and stiff from the first night. All in all, we enjoyed our stay here, but I do think I will need to know if there is a new bed in the room before i can sleep there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple