Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Richard B
Welkom, South Africa

best guest house

Review of Be My Guest
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Aug 2018
great service, Isabel is one of the best hosts I have met. On arrival a refreshing drink and the home feeling that every guest house should have. Great location just down the road from the mall and a stone throw away from the Namibian border and Upington airport.
Date of stay: September 2017
R 2 125
    R 1 999
  • Trip.com
    R 1 840
    R 1 910
1.1 km from Be My Guest
Free parking
Riverfront, elegant, simply the most regal guesthouse in Upington. Completely renovated October
  • Vio.com
  • Hotels.com
    R 1 265
4.8 km from Be My Guest
View more hotels in Upington
All reviews value for money definitely stay here again wonderful stay lovely place mall host namibia
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I frequently travel to Upington for business and I have only stayed at another place once. I have since continued to stay at Be My Guest as the room quality, the amenities and the breakfasts are nothing short of perfect. It is also walking distance from Kalahari Mall and other popular restaurants so grabbing dinner is never an issue. I will definitely continue to support them!

Room tip: Book in advance as they are usually fully booked throughout the year.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2017

I stayed here on two separate occasions - on my way to the Kgalagadi and on my way out of the park.

I found the B&B very convenient and the owners/manager very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and very nicely laid out. The beds were nice and large and the bed sheets and pillows were super clean and of excellent quality. There are enough amenities in the room including decent soaps, shampoos etc as well as a good kitchenette with coffee, tea, sugar, a fridge with milk etc.

The manager/owner is very helpful and pointed me out to a garage, the PnP and even recommended an excellent restaurant nearby.

You pay extra for breakfast but it is well worth it and was very nice and fresh as well as having a good variety - once again served in a very nice room. Note they do not serve breakfast on Sunday's.

The parking is quite safe with a gated compound - this was important to me with all my camera gear, alcohol etc in the car on my to the KTP.

Location is excellent with the B&B just off the N14 and also right next to the Kalahari Mall which has all the major shops you would need assuming you have last minute shopping to do before hitting the KTP.

Some of the rooms are funky and not to everyone's liking. For example (and I see someone commenting on this in this forum), I was in a room which, whilst big, is laid out with a pretty open toilet and the shower is just separated by a screen. This was not a problem for me as I was travelling alone.

Wifi is included and was not that bad although on my second stay I had to ask why it wasn't working and the lady just brought the router out of the office and it worked like a charm.

This will be my pit stop of choice on future trips to the KTP.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Katanga2
BeMyGuestUPT, Manager at Be My Guest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

It was a pleasure to accommodate you and we hope to see you soon in the near future.

Compliments of the season and all the best for 2018.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This guesthouse is great. I think I've stayed 6 or 7 times now en route to/from the Kgalagadi.

The previous owner Isabel was absolutely charming. I feel guilty for not reviewing previously.

Marlene and the new management team are great and very caring.

The air-con in my room started dripping/running on my last trip in Nov. It still worked, so wasn't a big deal and we came up with a plan, but Marlene was very concerned for my comfort. She was far more upset about it than I. Promise it wasn't a big deal!

The rooms are spacious and are always absolutely spotless. The little kitchenette is very handy. The beds are really comfortable and the linens are lovely (crisp, white, ironed and such a luxury after weeks of camping!)

There's secure off-street parking, and the location is really handy for the Kalahari Mall.

I really recommend this place if you need a stop in Upington.

(Just a suggestion... free WiFi would be awesome if it was ever a possibility. Many of your guests have just spent a lot of time in the Kalahari and would love to be able to check in etc when they're back in civilisation).

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
BeMyGuestUPT, Manager at Be My Guest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Hi Jenny

Thank you for an excellent review.

We appreciate you taking the time.

We will try to do our very best to accommodate you.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

This is a great place to stay... we stayed twice en-route to and from the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park ....the guest house is in a quiet residential area and very close to the Kalahari Mall. We stayed in a large room with a private patio overlooking the back garden...the room was clean, linens perfect and the bed was extremely comfortable. The ensuite bathroom was modern and spacious. There is also a small kitchenette as part of the room including a fridge and microwave and adequate crockery and cutlery. Tea/Coffee and milk pods as well as rusks were available for your use. If I have a complaint it is that breakfast is an optional extra and NOT available on a Sunday or Bank Holiday...you can go to the Mall for supplies but I just think a B+B should provide breakfast every day...the clue is in the second B!! However, I would return...

Room tip: Pay extra for the Kingsize Room
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olive C
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful overnight stay at be my guest. Each rooms has their own gate remote which made it very convenient for us as we got in very late. Comfortable bed and basic necessities met. Take note: the bathrooms are PART OF the rooms and the toilet and room are only devided by a curtain and small wall. Not as nice for people who would like some privacy when on the John.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BeMyGuestUPT, Manager at Be My Guest, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our establishment.

Thank you for your review and we apologies for any inconvenience. We will continue to try our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.