Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
reinhardb352

Overlooking the Orange River

Review of Aqua Viva
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Dec 2017
We had 2 nights in Aqua Viva. Everything in the accomodation was wonderful, but we really did`nt like Upington. We would recommend this place for all people who need a peaceful stop on their way, but not for a longer stay in this town.
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    R 1 513
    R 1 620
0.1 km from Aqua Viva
Free Wifi
Riverfront, elegant, simply the most regal guesthouse in Upington. Completely renovated October
R 1 232
No prepayment needed
  • Tripadvisor
6.3 km from Aqua Viva
View more hotels in Upington
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2017

The place was difficult for me to find, after I finally arrived i was so relieved that I had arrived but the carpet in the room had stains on it. The shower was dirty, I ended up with a skin and ear infection 3 days later.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Pleasant guesthouse beside the river. Rooms have an antique interior that is welcoming. All facilities are very clean and sort after. One issue includes no overhead protection for your parked vehicle and slight difficulty in finding location as it is behind a larger building.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I was traveling from Windhoek to South Africa with a stop over in Upington, it was a last minute travel and I only arrived in Upington past nine pm, I called Tharien and she was so helpful, even though it was past check in time she explained to me where my room was and everything, the next morning she called to inform me that I left some of my belongings there but assured me she would keep it for me, on my way back to Windhoek after a month in SA I made another booking there, also arriving past check in and she was so accommodating, when we entered the self catering unit my belongings was on the kitchen table and on the bed she left a note for us. Tharien you are really great and amazing at what you do and thank you for being so helpful and going out of your way to accommodate me!

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Great find in Upington. Rooms are loveingly decorated. The location is excellent. Beautiful gardens over the river. Nice view from the lawn in front. Quiet place. Highly reccomended as à stop over on you way north or south.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I have stayed here with a couple of friends last year (June 2016) on our way to the Kgalagadi, and now again with my boyfriend on the way back from Caoe Town. On both occassions I have called a day or two before and they have always found a way to accommodate me. I have also arrived very late at night and left rather early in the morning. The staff were always very warm and welcoming. They went over and above making our stay a pleasant one.

Date of stay: April 2017