Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JoanitaSmith

Best food, biggest rooms, beautifull grounds. Most friendly staff in the Northen Cape.

Review of Tshahitsi Lodge
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Jul 2023via mobile
Comfort and luxury. Well equiped rooms with spacious stoeps, that is stocked with EVERYTHING ! Safe and secure. Lush grounds with springbokkies walking the greens. Berna @ reception was prepared to organise ( on a Sunday afternoon ) someone to come to the lodge to fix our tyre. This kind of service and friendlyness you simply dont find anymore. But the big bonus is breakfast : melkkos, canapes, etc etc. A huge big fire. Do yourself a favour and have supper at the Red Ox restaurant (by the same owner) and enjoy best food and selection of wine in Upington! This is more than a stop-over, this is a must if you are traveling through Upington. Value for money
Date of stay: July 2023
Room Tip: Dont miss the breakfast, its fantastic!
Trip type: Travelled with family
2.4 km from Tshahitsi Lodge
One of 2 Sparkling Pools
2.8 km from Tshahitsi Lodge
Pool
Riverfront, elegant, simply the most regal guesthouse in Upington. Completely renovated October
3.7 km from Tshahitsi Lodge
  • Vio.com
3.1 km from Tshahitsi Lodge
Exterior View
    R 1 503
4.3 km from Tshahitsi Lodge
View more hotels in Upington
All reviews two occasions silver spoon unit stop nc venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2023 via mobile

The place is stunning but:
1. Internet access is bad
2. TV not working properly
3. No dish cloths
4. The passing trucks ate load
5. Food at restaurant is average

This app forces me to write 200 words for a review. What a way to stop people doing a review.

Room tip: Is a good stop on the way to Kgalagadi
Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2023

What an amazing experience. Venue, setup, food and staff all superb. 5 star, great layout, great wifi, catering for leisure, business and families. Small details that make a big difference forany traveller. Must also dine at the Red Ox. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

their was nothing wrong with the room… but if it comes to breakfast @ Silver Spoon Bistro (included in the price) it’s another story! This experience beats all the experiences I had the last 20 years working in the hospitality as well… Arriving at 6.50 nothing was ready, the 4 staff members were having a heated discussion in front of me and nobody greeted me or give me any attention… I walked around, had a seat and waited… but I was ignored by the staff and after 10 minutes I walked out… I decided to have a breakfast somewhere else… I can’t tell you if the breakfast was nice, it looked nice, but… If you have a discussion, please don’t do it in front of costumers… If you don’t like your job, stay away! If you have personal problems, leave them at the properties entrance… If you can’t great your customers, find another job, then hospitality is not for you… This place was full of negative atmosphere and I made the right decision to leave Silver Spoon Bistro… Don’t tell your guests that breakfast starts at 6.30… Luckily there are better places to eat in Uppington…
Very disappointed and not the best way to start your day…

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2022

My wife and I are regular visitors to NC Famous Lodges. Letsatsi, Molopo and more recently Tshahitsi. On two occasions now the latter has been a poor reflection on the other two.

We stayed over in unit no 2 on the night of 29 05 2022. My brother and his wife were in unit No 4.

1. Since power outages are regular inconveniences in South Africa we would have expected the lodge to have a generator or a torch/candles in the room.
Except for a reading lamp in the bedroom with a faint chargeable bulb, there was a kerosine lamp on the patio. Nothing else.

2. In my brother's unit there was one pouch of instant coffee in a double room, conditioner but no shampoo and no soap. The same lack of sufficient lighting for power outages probably means all units had not been provided with emergency lighting.

3. Breakfast is a superb spread. Unfortunately, having wrapped my mouth around a spoonful of crunchy muesli I withdrew the spoon from between my lips and discovered that the bottom of the spoon was covered in a layer of cold fat.
I complained to a waitress who look at me with vacant eyes and presented me with one from another table.

My rating for Tshahitsi is likely due to a staff management issue. All the good things about the experience disappear when a few avoidable and sloppy mistakes occur, The concept of the group's offering remains sound and enjoyable.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 28 March 2021 via mobile

This lodge is absolutely ideal for a one or two night stay over. We are on our way to Namibia and therefore had several special requirements. Extra power leads for camper fridges, printing Covid test results and even arranging birthday cakes - nothing is too much to ask for the energetic management team. What an absolute treat!
Please consider their other lodges / hotels. This is a decent outfit.

Date of stay: March 2021