“Good food”

Bi-Lo Bistro
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Upington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Start your morning. Breakfast? Yes, we got you. You can even enjoy sushi on weekdays from 11h00 if that is your thing. Breakfast from 08h00 to 11h00 on Mondays through Saturdays and from 09h00 on Sundays. Good Food Our menu will fit anyone’s needs. Whether you want a delicious home cooked meal, steak or fish, we have it all. See our menu for a variety that will tickle your taste buds. Family Bi-Lo is the ideal spot for the whole family. We understand that you as a parent, also want to enjoy your time out, we have a variety of entertainment options for the kids.
Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

We were on our way to Namibia. Went for supper. Food very good.
We stopped on our way back again for lunch. Very extensive menu: sushi to steak and in between.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

We had very good service and excellent food. I am sure things have changed since the previous reviews.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank ClarikaE1
Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

We had a lunch break for an hour, but slow service and after 45 minutes when the food came in it was cold and we had to really eat fast to not be late for our meeting... Don’t think we’ll come back again.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 2 March 2019 via mobile

We had a very bad experience qith the service and had to cancel our order after waiting for nearly an hour for toasted sandwiches and plate of sushi....

Date of visit: March 2019
3  Thank EZietsman
Reviewed 15 February 2019

Nothing has changed from last year! Similar design and arrangement in the restaurant.

The Waitresses welcomed us and we sat outside in the open area. the table was not stable and we fixed it by putting a small stone under one of its legs.
they came so fast to give us the menu books (they bring 5 and we were 6!) and to get the order for drinks (as usual in RSA) but it took so long to get the food order. we realized that is because some of my colleagues did not close their menu but they did not come even when they closed them!
Yes, I remember it is very common here in RSA to be so late to serve the food but they in Bi-Lo are super slow!

I ordered Chedamelt steak 200G with chips that cost 125ZAR. A 200G steak with melted cheddar cheese and mushroom sauce on it with chips and onion rings beside it.
They brought cutleries but again 5 set!!! I do not understand why they counted us as 5 people! and just on sauce/salt/pepper package on one of the table sides that was not accessible for me on the other side. They have to bring tow for 6 people!!!
anyway! It took again longer than half an hour and eventually we get our foods.

The food was ok, not great! The meat was pretty fatty especially at the corners there was just fat. It is OK with me but if it was my partner's food she did not eat it ;) It was just acceptable for me!

and at the end, they did not come to bring the check! we asked them once but no one come again and after another 15min we asked again! I don't think it was just a normal Afrikan restaurant culture to serve everything late, I felt it was lack of care actually! counting us 1 pers less twice and being late every time could not be something else!

Same as last year, even though there are not so many options in Upington, the Bi-LO place and prices are not bad but I do not recommend it and if I wanna choose sw to eat I will take sw else.

Date of visit: February 2019