Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
ant832023

TERRIBLE NOISE ON TUESDAY 6 JUNE 2023

Review of Upington Inn
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Jun 2023
Your other guests made a huge noise on the first night of our stay. Then one of your guests after coming to their room moved furniture or something that we could not sleep. We have two nights in credit with you. . . . . . . We sincerely hope that it will be a better experience.
Date of stay: June 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christo Lubbe, General Manager at Upington Inn, responded to this review
Responded 20 Jun 2023
Greetings from Upington Inn
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. So sorry that your experience was spoilt by noise.
Please do contact us for your next visit. We will do our best to ensure your room is quiet.
We do look forward to welcome you back.
Kind Regards
  • Trip.com
    R 1 842
4.4 km from Upington Inn
Free parking
Riverfront, elegant, simply the most regal guesthouse in Upington. Completely renovated October
5.7 km from Upington Inn
R 626
29.0 km from Upington Inn
Restaurant
View more hotels in Upington
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2023

Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are great and lovely beds. Excellent value for money. We travel a lot through SA and will now make The Upington Inn our regular place to stop en route to Joberg.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Christo Lubbe, General Manager at Upington Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2023

Dear Mrs Wiese
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted that you found our staff friendly and helpful,
We are so pleased to see that we have become your regular stop-over Hotel on your travels.

We will see you again soon.
Kind Regards
Christo Lubbe

Reviewed 11 August 2022

What a great stay and experience!! Location is awesome. Really quiet at night. Even took my bicycle out for a spin in the morning. We didn’t want to leave. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and the food was good. Everything you need in one place in terms of accommodation. Will definitely stay there again. Thanks Andre and William for your hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
William Horner, General Manager at Upington Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2023

Dear Pieterverse

It is so refreshing to read that you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us, thank you for the rating as well.

Your feedback has been shared with the team and they are so thrilled with your super feedback.

Reviewed 28 March 2022

I check in the hotel today and I was separated from my colleagues two of them were offered rooms next to each other and I was taken +_ 35 metres from the reception, from a 6 hour drive trip first thing I do I have to reply to my emails to my surprise there is not wifi connection in my room, not even slow connection there is nothing at all. I go to the reception and the white lady tells me about the 100 metre connection which is not connecting to my room.

I asked to be changed to another room and she tells me that she is sorry they are fully booked and there's nothing she can do. She further tell me that I am welcome to sit in the dining area which I am rewriting this review from and there is too much noise here from the other guests not that I can tell them to lower their voices and the staff is also laughing with them hard as they are serving them drinks and food.

The other thing I find half toilet paper in my room which I also had to go to the reception and ask for a toilet paper, ironing board and the iron. The lady working at reception never brought them by the time I had requested, now I am sitting in the dining room and she passed and I asked her about them and she is like oh I forgot, from there she brings them along and puts them on top of the dining table next to me. I am shocked for life, the bedding in my room is also not properly made it does not even look fresh and changed before I came in, the duvet had brown foot prints on top.

The sales director for country hotels, I met with you in September and complained about the services we are receiving these ppl are racist towards us and they will not admit. This is the last time my company will take me out of the comfort of my own home and book me into a country hotel.

Date of stay: March 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Tmomo20

It was with sincere regret that I took note of our failure to deliver the standard of services associated with a premier establishment and which we work so hard towards delivering to all our guests.

Your feedback has been shared with the team and used for training purposes to ensure that, we deliver on meeting and surpassing our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed 12 March 2022 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a night. Arrived amid loadshedding in the afternoon. Rooms are dark and there's no back-up generators or even flashlights for guests to use. Bedding in the room was clean, but not al surfaces were cleaned fingerprints all over the doors and bathroom. Lots of dust under the bed, toilet paper scattered in the patio area. Not having water was blamed on municipality needing to switch on the pumps after loadshedding and then we'd have to wait for the geysers to warm the water, this led to only being able to shower at 23:00 at night. At 05:00 I was woken up by staff jovially chatting and making jokes in the hallway and dragging around tables and chairs in the conference hall opposite our room. Breakfast was limited, and again blamed on loadshedding.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Lexa 900,

Unfortunately, loadshedding and the accompanied water shedding is something that is beyond our control. We cannot plan for nor foresee these events.

Reviewed 21 November 2021 via mobile

We went to the restaurant for lunch. We received vouchers at an event and when we wanted to use them we were told we may not at first. This was eventually resolved but the waiters were very rude to us thereafter, using bad language and looking very irritated. They forgot to bring several drinks and when we reminded them, they rolled their eyes at us. Overall very poor experience and I would not recommend trying this place.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Lexa 900,

We do apologise for the confusion caused with regard to your vouchers and your subsequent experience.