Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
C & E BOTHA
Bloemfontein, South Africa

The castel in Upington

Review of A chate
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Jul 2019
Thank you to Estelle the owner of A Chateau de Lux in Upington for the most wonderful sleep over. This place is beautiful with clean rooms and breakfaste is served on order. This is the second time we stayed there and will do so again when visiting Upington.
Date of stay: June 2019
Room Tip: Room 1, 2, 7 and 8
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    R 1 768
    R 1 999
1.2 km from A chate
Free parking
Riverfront, elegant, simply the most regal guesthouse in Upington. Completely renovated October
R 1 561
    R 841
2.2 km from A chate
Pool
View more hotels in Upington
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2019

reception was poor,room was beautiful,no breakfast as we were not aware to ask for it at when booked in,
booked two rooms but were informed the morning before arrival second room is not
available anymore,were send to another b+b down the road that was more expensive on arrival
next morning we want to have breakfast ,but cannot get as when we booked in they thought we will leave early --very poor indeed--- will not recommend at all

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
137karin, Owner at A chate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2019

Dear client

We regret that you feel this way .

We would like to inform you that you also did not pay upfront for your booking , but only on arrival without asking for breakfast (R80 per person extra). I did phone you the Monday morning early to explain that the booking of the other guest was booked for one night over the phone by the agency but they paid for 2 nights and we had to put the paid guest first. I did inform you of my problem and you where fine with the other guesthouse. I am sorry that you had to pay R50 more for the other guest if I knew that I would pay the difference to the other guesthouse . You stayed in a room for R800 and I gave you a special for R500 2 persons normally the small single room or weekend special. I spoke to the other guesthouse also the evening and now again to asked if you want breakfast and they told me that you would leave early .When you asked for breakfast I was busy with the other guests eating and I had only 1 egg left and then send someone to buy more eggs for you. We also went back to your room to inform you that we got breakfast for you , but you already had left when we go to the room.I am proud to present my breakfast and will not give something not up to standard because there was no booking made for breakfast. The Mall was already open for breakfast that was why I recommended the mall as it is only 700m from the guesthouse. Breakfast must be booked the previous day because we buy new groceries everyday according to the number of bookings made. Breakfast is not included in the price and is extra of charge . You also never informed us when you made the booking that you wanted breakfast .I work very hard to keep up the good name of our guesthouse and like to go the extra mile but a 1 that is far fetch. I am sorry that I was at the grocery store busy buying stock for the guesthouse on my way back when you booked in and had to ask someone else to book you in . Please sent your bank details so that I can pay in the R50 difference.

We apologize for the inconvenience .

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this establishment for just one night, but wished it was longer.

I had a great room, the heaters were on as it was extremely cold (very strange for Upington) and the room was beautifully decorated. All luxuries you could ask for were there and even more. They go into the detail and I enjoyed it.
The breakfast was huge and tasty. If you are in the area, sleep in this guest house. It is quite special

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I have never been in a guesthouse which is so lovingly decorated. The theme is white with hearts of all sizes. All are in wood, wire or in white and look very natural. The rooms are provided with the niceties, such as biscuits, sherry, plenty of coffee and tea choices. The bed is a white cushion heaven. Dried flowers are lovingly sprinkled into the bath and other loving touches adorn this stunning little guest house. There is an enchanted little garden outside with access from the rooms, as well as a swimming pool.

Breakfast is however not served over the weekend but snack packs are prepared at an extra fee on request the night before. We really loved our stay there!

Room tip: Room 5 is nice and big
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Estelle and her team are most probably the best i've seen. Her friendly reception, even late at night when we arrived, is superb every time. This being our 3rd stay there, we have requested the same room, and every time it was just great! For the value we get in return! This has now become our stop-over point going down to West Coast and returning to Gauteng. It is the small things that makes us wanting to go back....the sherry in the room, the chocolates on the bed, the muffins, freshly baked etc etc, what more can you want after a day on the road.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Estelle is a wonderful hostess. Received a warm welcome. Rooms were very clean and welcoming. Pamper time in the bathroom with all the little gifts provided by Estelle. She gave us excellent tips as where to eat and what to do. Because of the personal attention to detail and to her guests, we decided to stay in our little castle on our way back from Namibia as well. This accommodation was reserved from Namibia. Although she had no rooms available, she made the effort to find suitable accommodation for us for the two nights we stayed. Could join locals in NamaFees. Highly recommended. We stayed August and September 2017.

Room tip: Everything is nice
Date of stay: August 2017