“When Managers Fail! ”
Review of Red Ox Steakhouse

Red Ox Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Upington
Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

Every trip to Upington I loved a meal at the Red Ox..... the food is great and the staff are always on form! Management however not so..... there is no place for arrogance and rudeness in hospitality! So sad the great staff won’t be getting my 30% tips ever again.....

Date of visit: October 2020

Reviewed 25 September 2020

Excellent Restaurant ! Definitely the place to eat in Upington! Impressive view when walking up to the Entrance of the Restaurant. Top class interior done. A breathtaking view of the river and surrounding area. Excellent tasting food. Good service and friendly staff.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020

Great service and awesome food... this on top of the magnificent facility and a stunning view on the banks of the Orange river. This restaurant will keep it’s own in good company in any major destination across the globe. We will be back whenever our journey bring us to the Northern Cape again

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank GertdeBeer
Reviewed 23 August 2020

We stayed over a night in Upington and were very happy with our choice of restaurant. The Red Ox has a beautiful setting over looking the Orange River. The service was good, the waiter was busy but attentive. We had steaks, they were perfectly cooked and delicious. I had the onion rings which were really superb.
The wine list is good and not outrageously expensive.
I can highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 6 August 2020

I recently visited Red Ox for dinner during a stay over in Upington whilst on business. I ordered a fillet steak and chips. Food was very tasty and up to standard. I found it difficult to order something to my liking, as the main courses were expensive and there were not many lighter (or cheaper) meal options, other than the specials, which were not practical for a single traveler. The interior of the restaurant is modern and beautiful, and the location, with its beautiful views of the river, is stunning. I might return as the food was good, but I would hope that they change their menu to also offer a few lighter and more affordable meals.

Date of visit: July 2020