Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Neels Kruger
Somerset West, South Africa

A most adequate end to a wonderful holiday

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Jul 2021
Driving back from the magnificent Kgalagadi we reluctantly decided to stay over in Upington before we venture on the arduous journey to Cape Town. What a fortuitous decision!
At Le Must we were warmly welcomed by the host complete with the gaggle of goslings the host adopted. He quickly assisted with setting the scene for our last day of holiday - a braai right on the bank of the Orange River in a peaceful garden. A magical moment in time for us savoring our steak, roosterkoek, salad and our own concoction called oliwine (average red wine with a dash of olive oil) - a princely feast indeed.
The facilities are clean, homely and the garden well-kept and just right.
Rooms are complete, immaculate and the linen crisp and clean - you even have a choice of more than one types of pillow technology.
We unfortunately chose not to have breakfast so I cannot comment.
I ticked all the boxes accordingly and we will definitely stay here again should the opportunity present itself.
Date of stay: July 2021
0.6 km from Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington
One of 2 Sparkling Pools
0.9 km from Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington
Pool
Lovely decor in the "red and white room".
  • Vio.com
  • Lol.travel
24.1 km from Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington
24.0 km from Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington
Restaurant
A view from the street out front
    R 1 091
4.1 km from Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington
View more hotels in Upington
All reviews the river an awesome experience beautiful spot short stay nice breakfast fish eagles long drive stop bank rusks kgalagadi gate accommodation veranda braai
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2021

Lovely location on the river, with beautiful sunset views. The gardens are pleasing to the eye, creating a peaceful atmosphere and shade. Appreciated the management referral of Zest restaurant for dinner where we had fantastic wine and food and service.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 30 March 2021

excellent place for a stop over to kgalagadi, has all the amentities and a great breakfast. Good views of the orange river and great staff.
We did a trip with Out of
Africa Safaris to see all the cats and more in the park.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hannakie Du Preez, General Manager at Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2021

Hallo Stefan

Thank you for staying with us. It was only a pleasure accommodating you. Hope to see you soon in the near future.

Kindest regards
Cerina

Reviewed 20 February 2020

Very impressed. Simple good non fussy hospitality and well run.

A lovely place with history and a great manager (Hannakie) who could not do more to assist me. Upon check out I left my credit card on the desk. Yup I was a silly harse. I noticed this error one country and several hundred miles later. Hannakie not only reassured me that she would keep it safe, she organised for the card to be couriered to Cape Town so that I could pick it up. Service above and beyond!

We visited at a quiet time of year and all the staff were personable and happy to cook us breakfast etc. Small clean pool, good outdoor furniture and a delightful well kept garden.

My only comment is that I would personally remove a few pieces of furniture from the room as it felt crowded. The bathroom free standing tub was wonderful. Good quiet a/c and great bed linen and mattress.

As a former award winning innkeeper I was VERY impressed with the place.

Date of stay: February 2020
Hannakie Du Preez, General Manager at Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Thank you very much David we really appreciate your beautiful feedback, we sincerely appreciate it and are very grateful that you had a good time. Please come and visit us when you visit South Africa again.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and be safe.

Warm wishes

Hannakie & Le Must Staff

Reviewed 13 December 2019

Upon my arrival in the early afternoon of 5 December 2019 it was just beginning to rain softly. I booked in and took a shower in a newly renovated bathroom of room 9 and switched on the air conditioner to cool off while I dress. Then my colleague and I enquired after lunch and Le Must was kind enough to book us a table at Café Zest in Upington, where we were to have our dinner. Upon arrival the restaurant insisted upon a voucher, which Le Must failed to give us and, upon telephonic enquiry in our presence, the restaurant owner confirmed that Le Must will not carry the cost of our dinner; this despite the fact that my company already paid for breakfast, lunch and dinner! I still have the hotel voucher issued by Travelit- as per the company booking. I do not trust the management of Le Must. I will never again stay there. Le Must sent me from Café Zest humiliated and hungry after travelling all the way from Port Nolloth. You Must think twice before you book at Le Must...

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hannakiedup, Manager at Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2019

Good day Mr Barnardo

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your short stay at Le Must. It is our mission to keep our guests happy and comfortable at all times.

We charged the company for the accommodation no Dinner and Lunch were charged.

Please if you visit Upington again come and stay with us free of charge and I will personally prepare you a nice home cook meal.

A Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year for you and your family.

Hannakie

Reviewed 18 October 2019

We stayed at Le Must Riverfront Residence for two nights on our recent trip through the Northern Cape Province.
The Hotel is in an historic building on the banks of the Oranje river. Rooms are spacious and furniture fits well into the old background of the premises.
The service is excellent, personal and friendly. Breakfast is rich and served in room that probably was once the dining room of the family who lived in the house. It has a nice view onto the river.
We recommend Le Must Riverfront Residence without any reservations, and we would like to thank Hanna and her team for a very pleasant stay.

Martin Fey Switzerland

Room tip: Any room will do very nicely
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Martin F
neilstemmet, Owner at Le Must Riverfront Residence Upington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2019

Dear Martin, a short note to say a big thank you for your review, we love seeing the feedback from our guests now that our revamp has been completed. Thank you again. Hanna and the Team