Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$73
Hotels.comUS$73
TravelocityUS$73
CheapTicketsUS$73
eDreamsUS$55
All reviews nice lodge great place to stay swimming pool accommodation host kitchenette guesthouse wifi kruger route
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2019

Thank you for the accommodation. Would be wonderful in summer but was VERY cold in the winter. Possibly a fireplace or something would really help. Otherwise we really had a great time.
Service was excellent and friendly.
Loved the venue.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 6 May 2019

Service was very friendly and professional, rooms were clean and tidy, we enjoyed the overall stay with the peaceful atmosphere, will visit El Roi guest house again.
Environment and facilities was perfect to give a calm and peaceful rest, will advise friends and family to book for a weekend away. Close to town and other seeing sites

Reviewed 29 April 2019

very friendly and welcoming. A good venue where a tour group can congregate with rustic and comfortable facilities to entertain the group. Plenty of space for kids to play and well set up in a quiet area.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Willemien P, Owner at El Roi Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2019

It is great to hear such lovely comments! Thank you for your review! We really appreciate it!

Reviewed 20 April 2019

Willemien is very friendly and tries her best to make one feel welcome. The setup of the place is not a lodge as the rooms is within the farm and transport business activities. The 2nd evening a forklift was operating quite close to our apartment until late at night. The apartment was comfortable yet it lacks attention to detail. For instance the were no loose carpets in the living are so one would sit on the couch with your feet on bare cement, the furniture is old and had better days and the lighting setup is bad. The bathroom had a very bad smell. The apartment/rooms is in between the host house and relaxation/business area and this lead to very poor privacy. The place is totally overpriced for what it offers.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Willemien P, Owner at El Roi Guest Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2019

Dear Johan, I wish you would have raised your issues with me, while you where here. If I knew what you wanted, I could have rather placed you in Cottage 1, which has a completely private back garden, with high walls and complete privacy. I always do everything I can to make our guests comfortable, but I can not do anything, when I do not know that there is an issue? The apartments all have loose carpets next to the beds, but not in the living areas. Cottage 2 is our only Cottage with colored screed floors (you make it sound like raw bare cement - which it is not). All of our other units have tiled floors, and it is in the plans for this year, to also tile the floor in Cottage 2. There is many ceiling down-lights in the cottage - I do apologize, a couple of the light bulbs where blown, but was replaced. The forklift operating the second night of your stay, was a once off emergency. I did not realize that this was bothersome to you, as it is quite a distance from the lodge. I had so many great conversations with you, I was shocked to read your review and would urge you to please be honest in future with other establishments and raise your issues as they arise, then the establishment can at least have the opportunity to try and make your stay a great one.

Reviewed 2 April 2019

I stayed at El Roi Guest Lodge. It is the perfect lodge near the airport. The owner was nice enough to give me an upgrade to a larger room. The room was nice and big. The location is gated so it felt safe. Also, it is very close to nearby restaurants (less than 10 minute drive). However, please do make sure to come from the airport side. I came from the complete opposite side and the road was very very rough. Ensure to come from the side the owner recommends.

Date of stay: March 2019