All reviews magnolia restaurant lovely hotel tour guide boutique hotel beautiful pool the hotel staff the hotel is clean restaurants in the area rooms are spacious great weekend very pleasant stay breakfast and dinner reception area following morning kruger park business trip dorothy
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I recently stayed at Casterbridge Hollow and can truly say that they think about every little detail to make your stay a pleasure! Some of the highlights for me:
*Every staff member seemed to know my name and greeted me by name at each interaction
*When you arrive, you can have a cappuccino, glass of wine, water, whatever you want
*Rooms are spotless with everything you could want
*When I booked my gym vouchers (complimentary) at the nearby sports centre, they went and put water bottles and sweat towels in my room for use the following morning
*The food. Wow. I could write an entire essay about how amazing the food and service at the restaurant are!
*Conferencing facilities were great!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank SallyA1635
Carla_Coetzee, Manager at Casterbridge Hollow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Sally A

Thank you for taking the time to review us on our trip Advisor page.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Casterbridge Hollow. It was an absolute pleasure having you here with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our staff, our service, our gym, our conference and our food.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Small hotel but excellent installations like the best resort hotels. The cheff of the restaurant, one the best in ten years of visiting several countries. Very recommendable and a good experience assured.

Room tip: Any room seems to be nice.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Edgardo

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing us on our trip Advisor page.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we have enjoyed having you here.
Thank you for your special mention towards our Chef.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Italian family with two girls (11+16 years old). We spent here two days at the beginning of this January. All was more than perfect: the staff was marvellous, friendly and always smiling and ready to help us. Rooms were fantastic with a large and confortable bathroom. We got 2 standard rooms but....wow...if our rooms were standard....I can't imagine how the luxury rooms are !!! Garden and pool were very quite and clean; a perfect space for relaxing after a busy day. Restaurant just perfect. Location of the hotel is also fantastic if you like to visit all what's around White River. Very nice also the shopping center in front of the hotel. We absolutely suggest this hotel and hope to come back again soon. Thanks again to all staff.

Room tip: Our rooms were in the central part of the building and they were just perfect with an easy and direct access to the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Carla_Coetzee, Manager at Casterbridge Hollow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Lenottic

Hope you are well and had a safe journey back to Italy.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your valued feedback, we appreciate it very much.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodation, our service, the restaurant, the location, the facilities and your overall stay. It was an absolute pleasure having you here. “Thank you for making an extra special mention towards the staff good service, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words”

We hope that you return to us very soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I arrived at Casterbridge in the early evening after a long drive from Johannesburg. I was welcomed very warmly by Carla, Wendy (Nomawethu) and Mandy (Nthabiseng) and I immediately felt welcome. Their smiles, hospitality, kind nature, willingness to help and knowledge of the area was really good. I was travelling on business and sadly stayed for one night and I hope to return purely on the basis of the staff. Breakfast was a highlight again with friendly staff and excellent food. I took a walk around the Lifestyle Center and it has some some interesting shops and worth a visit but you need time. The one let down was dinner at Magnolia. The restaurant setting is great and the staff good but my meal was awful. I would recommend the other restaurants in the center. The hotel is a good base to explore Kruger National Park and there are lots of activities in the area. Beautiful part of the country as well.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mbuyazwe M

Dear Mbuyazwe

Hope you are well and had a safe journey back home.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your accommodation, our service, the location, the facilities and your overall stay. It was an absolute pleasure having you here. “Thank you for making an extra special mention towards Carla,Wendy and Mandy's good service, they would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words”

We hope that you return to us very soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We were on a golfing weekend to White River Golf Club but chose this hotel based on previous Trip Advisor comments. What a pleasant surprise! From the reception, room, pool, and restaurant. The breakfast was a nice touch.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Carla_Coetzee, General Manager at Casterbridge Hollow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear duke108,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us along with your room, the reception, the pool and the restaurant. We are looking forward in welcoming you in the near future.