Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Navigator62665191586

Southern sun mbombela breakfast room

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 08 Feb 2024
You cannot have a meal at this hotel.The hygiene standards for southern sun leaves a big question mark. The staff are not interested in helping. I will never be having a meal there again. Disgusting is all I can say. You pay a lot but no help. Very disappointed.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 12 Feb 2024
Thank you for alerting me on your experience , unable to pick up a contact number , please could you advise so tht my food and beverage manager can make contact with you

Regards

R 450
    R 450
12.5 km from Southern Sun Mbombela
View more hotels in Mbombela
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2023

Polite,professionalism and Bato pele principles are with them.They are vety understanding, and good to show nearby attractions. Very friend to guests and have respection of young and old. Good comunication and guidance.

Room tip: Book earlier your will save alot
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SIYABONGA B
Reviewed 8 November 2023

The hotel had a leisurely feel to it. Staff were polite and very friendly. The service level was good. Specific needs were felt with quickly and to the best of their ability I felt. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. It was a buffet on the night that we stayed so not the bbq we had hoped for but the food was tasty and there was plenty of choice. Some freshly cooked even. Breakfast was perfectly adequate. I didn’t see the gym but there is apparently one. I ran outside and the area felt safe. Reading the reviews I think they have felt with any negative points that I saw.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Michelle Higgo, General Manager at Southern Sun Mbombela, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2023

Good Afternoon

Thank you for letting us know about your stay

We value all feedback, all our buffets are cooked fresh every day, Wednesdays are Braai night, done on a braai fire, and Thursdays are our traditional African foods with enough choice for all European and unadventurous guests.

Travel Safe

Reviewed 14 February 2023

I stayed for one night. When I checked in was told breakfast started at 5.45. I went downstairs at 6am and breakfast was not yet ready, it took me 20 minutes to get an omelet after complaining. No apologies from the staff for the constraints this caused. Actually, I was late for my early morning commitment and had to rush eating. Not happy with the service.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Michelle Higgo, General Manager at Southern Sun Mbombela, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2023

Good Morning

Thank you for letting me know about your experience, very strange on the breakfast times as we have always started breakfast at 6h30, I will look into who did your check in and advised you on the times and address immediately as this was unnecessary stress for yourself and my team.

I do sincerely apologize for your experience. Please remain safe

Reviewed 16 November 2022

We loved this hotel, especially the gorgeous garden and the superb dining room. Our room was not so big but with a perfect lay-out so comfy. Breakfast was very good, with a big buffet. Ample parking, secure.

Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed 16 January 2022

This establishment needs a bit of a refurbishment. Carpets are old, shower was leaking water, and there are no double pin charging or USB ports. For a one night stay it's ok. Longer, not for us.
Staff was however friendly and helpful at all times. Credit to them.

Date of stay: December 2021