Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Skytourist
Peebles, United Kingdom

Solid hotel.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 08 Nov 2023
The hotel had a leisurely feel to it. Staff were polite and very friendly. The service level was good. Specific needs were felt with quickly and to the best of their ability I felt. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. It was a buffet on the night that we stayed so not the bbq we had hoped for but the food was tasty and there was plenty of choice. Some freshly cooked even. Breakfast was perfectly adequate. I didn’t see the gym but there is apparently one. I ran outside and the area felt safe. Reading the reviews I think they have felt with any negative points that I saw.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Responded 09 Nov 2023
Good Afternoon

Thank you for letting us know about your stay

We value all feedback, all our buffets are cooked fresh every day, Wednesdays are Braai night, done on a braai fire, and Thursdays are our traditional African foods with enough choice for all European and unadventurous guests.

Travel Safe

R 1 199
    R 1 232
4.1 km from Southern Sun Mbombela
View more hotels in Mbombela
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2023

I stayed for one night. When I checked in was told breakfast started at 5.45. I went downstairs at 6am and breakfast was not yet ready, it took me 20 minutes to get an omelet after complaining. No apologies from the staff for the constraints this caused. Actually, I was late for my early morning commitment and had to rush eating. Not happy with the service.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Michelle Higgo, General Manager at Southern Sun Mbombela, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2023

Good Morning

Thank you for letting me know about your experience, very strange on the breakfast times as we have always started breakfast at 6h30, I will look into who did your check in and advised you on the times and address immediately as this was unnecessary stress for yourself and my team.

I do sincerely apologize for your experience. Please remain safe

Reviewed 16 November 2022

We loved this hotel, especially the gorgeous garden and the superb dining room. Our room was not so big but with a perfect lay-out so comfy. Breakfast was very good, with a big buffet. Ample parking, secure.

Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed 16 January 2022

This establishment needs a bit of a refurbishment. Carpets are old, shower was leaking water, and there are no double pin charging or USB ports. For a one night stay it's ok. Longer, not for us.
Staff was however friendly and helpful at all times. Credit to them.

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 14 May 2021 via mobile

Hotels are not at the top of their game. COVID has struck them a blow. But this one feels very down on its luck. Staff are trying and nothing is terrible, but food, cleanliness, coffee, room quality...are all poor. Dombolo and omlettes are good. We only overnighted and it was pretty well-priced, so it was ok, but can’t recommend.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

We’ve stayed over for 2 nights. Staff were super friendly and went out of their way to accommodate guests.
There’s more than enough safe parking.
Rooms were clean and very comfortable.
The breakfast was basic, but more than enough. Even though it’s not a massive selection, everything we had was super tasty. The Lady Chef is a master when it comes to food and she does it with pride.
We’ll definitely stay at this place again.

Date of stay: February 2021