“What an awesome weekend!!!!!”

Mbombela Holiday Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Nelspruit
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have been to alot of resorts in my life but never have I ever received such wonderful treatment from none other than the owner of the resort.She upgraded us to an executive suite just to be able to watch the boxing match of Mayweather cause the other chalet did not have that channel.Lovely you really made us feel like VIPs.thank you for your hospitality and kindness.The food was great!!!The rooms were clean and very tidy.I have no complaints.Cant wait for our next trip

Room Tip: rooms 41-47.its quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I read other reviews, after I have already made a booking here. I wanted to withdraw my booking as everyone said horrible things about the resort, but the curiosity in me got the better of me.

I also called 2 days prior to check in, Zweli confirmed that Yamkelani has indeed made my booking. I initially wanted the family room, as we traveled with kids. I was shown room 35, which we didn't quite like. We were given 2 rooms, which were within the house, housing rooms 41-47. Apart from the bathroom door broken and the small communal bar fridge, we quite enjoyed our stay.

Then there was Mr Mkatshwa, who made sure we were well fed for the 3 days we spent there. They don't really have a wide range of dinner menu, but everything is freshly prepared for you. The breakfast on Sunday was just on another level. Freshly baked muffins and bread are just something you don't get anywhere else.

There's also a nice wedding chapel by the river bank, for those who think of tying the knot. The resort seems to be renovated, but in all earnest< I was expecting the worst, but got more than I bargained for.

The only downside for me is lack of visible signage, the venue is just on the N4, and if you miss is, you might cause an accident trying to u-turn.

Room Tip: Tranquil,Easily accessible,Next to Sudwala lodge
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We arrived in the dark on 30 May 2017. We checked in and was shown to our rooms 34 and 35. Room 34 had no towels and after requesting a double bed there was two single beds in the room, after asking for towels he was moved to another room - the honeymoon suite! in the suite there was no shower.
Room 35 - the room reeked like dirty water - don't know how to explain it - could be old body odour. the bed was half made with no pillow cases, the pillows - I have photographs was dirty.
This establish is in need of a serious make over it is old and tired. The photographs on the website is far from the truth.
Stay away, far away!

Room Tip: do not book a room here
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank cowboykoch
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Badly in need of some TLC. It looks as old as it is and the neglect of the past shows. I'm sure it has potential but right now it's just not there. Food was below average and service in the bar was poor, they even ran out of decent beer.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Absolutely terrible.
The pantry is empty, and they simply cannot offer anything on the menu, after arrangements were made in advance.
This is not what was arranged with management.
Stay away, this is not worth the money.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nelspruit
21.0 km away
0.0 km away
Panorama Guest Farm
Panorama Guest Farm
#5 of 18 in Nelspruit

Been to Mbombela Holiday Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mbombela Holiday Resort & Spa

Address: N 4 Highway Johannesburg Rd | 20 km west of Nelspruit, Nelspruit 1207, South Africa (Formerly Crocodile Country Inn)
Region: South Africa > Mpumalanga > Nelspruit
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Nelspruit
Price Range: R643 - R1 100 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Mbombela Holiday Resort & Spa 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Mbombela Holiday Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Crocodile Country Hotel Nelspruit