Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Eda Verster

Never book a function at this venue!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 04 Dec 2023
We booked a yearend function at the hotel, paid a deposit and confirmed numerous times if everything is in order. Unfortunately on arrival nothing was prepared and they did not expect us. Poor excuses and no managers that even came to apologise for the poor and non-existing service. Will never go there again! We went just across the road to The Capital and were welcomed with professionalism and excellent service!
Date of stay: December 2023
R 450
    R 450
10.8 km from Mercure Nelspruit
View more hotels in Mbombela
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2023

The appearance of the hotel has deteriorated, the receptionists don't wear any uniform or identification, there were rowdy guests who fought all night causing us loss of sleep. Bathrooms are filthy including the inner part of the toilets that don't get scrubbex nor the baths or showers with broken and rusted doors. The mini fridge has pain falling apart andis rusted, the cupboard doors are broken and sofas are colorless and they dink as you sit, the pillow cases are old and it's clear the furniture, curtains etc have not been replaced since this hotel opened. Save yourself the trouble and don't stay here if you like quality, peace of mind and safety.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dolce B
Pierre Meintjes, General Manager at Mercure Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2023

Dear Dolceb2023,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Nelspruit. I am so sorry for us not living up to your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future as we are working hard to improve our property.

Pierre Meintjes
Mercure Nelspruit

Reviewed 8 April 2023

We stayed at Mercure Nelspruit from 7-8 April 2023 and we got no sleep! The following upset us:
1. Receptionist could not find our booking that was done through Bookings.com.
2. We got a room at the top and the bath was filthy and full of stains,the side of the hanging towels had dirt marks so we went back to reception and politely asked for another room.
3. The new room was now on the ground floor and it had a dirty toilet with black things on the inside, the mini fridge was broken with cracks and paint falling apart.
4. The light in the room is filled with dirt and dead bugs the sofa is old and colorless, the pillows and throws are ancient, probably never replaced since purchase.
5. There were people in the upper room loud, playing music, banging the varanda door, arguing and fighting, I tell you we felt so unsafe, I did not get any sleep.
6. People stay in the pool for as long as they like untill late night, there's just no control.
7. The shower is filthy in appearance, the door doesn't is old, broken and rusted.
8. The main door into the room had a broken handle on the inside, no lock to keep my family safe and the bed bottom was dirty and the pillows dusty.
8. No face cloths provided.

I honestly don't know how this facility can be graded 3 stars by the tourism grading council because they need to go and remove those stars from this facility. The place is falling apart and what you see on the site is not what it looks like in reality, the pictures posted are old and they don't show the new reality of the hotel, right at the reception the painting of the building is falling apart and the situation is the throughout the facilities.

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times, if I ever thought of going to Nelspruit Mercure was always my first choice, but I am surprised by the bad service I and my family got, I never thought that the quality of the service would degrade this much it is unbelievable.

Date of stay: April 2023
1  Thank Sightseer55764554347

Dear Sightseer55764554347,

Pierre Meintjes
Mercure Nelspruit

Reviewed 15 October 2022

If you looking for a peaceful weekend get away this place is not the place. My fiancee booked for us a weekend get away for my birthday at Mercure. It's Friday night 23:47pm 14/10/2022 as I m writing this review, and we trying to sleep and there is people outside taking loud, room next door, car hooting and revving, and we have already phoned reception twice and the noise continues. What is annoying is that when we checked-in we did explain to the reception that we don't need noise, we just want to relax, but they still checked in next to us people who are busy making up and down the stairs during the night, talking and laughing. They have other room that are not occupied for the weekend, they should have at least respected our request.
0:10am
Now it's midnight I have already phoned reception more than 5 times and now they say that they gonna move us to another room, midnight. What a ruin birthday. Is like we didn't pay for this night, the way we have been treated.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

1. There is no electric socket next to the bed.
2. The blinds in the kitchen were broken.
3. There is a very old air con but no remote. That means no air con.
4. There is no telephone in the room.
5. The telephone number on the official website for mercure nelspruit is not answered.
6. The room had a bad smell, like old urine.
7. There were no face towels.
8. My room key had to be recoded at reception.
9. There were curtain hooks gone, I couldn't really close the curtains properly.
10. The carpet was filthy with a big burn mark.
11. There's broken tiles on the steps to the room.
12. The shower door was dirty and the floor slippery.
13. There is no floor towel when you exit the shower.
I travel a lot, this is close to the worst hotel room I've been to in the last 20 years.

On the plus point, the staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Pierre Meintjes, General Manager at Mercure Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2022

Dear Hannes C,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us, in detail, about your experience at the Mercure Nelspruit. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I am personally going to look into every single issue that you have brought up as we are currently busy with a refurbishing program.

Reviewed 25 July 2022

I consider myself one of the oldest customers of the Mercure Hotel since many years, when the city of nelspruit was being built and one of the reasons was for the location and for being one of the most affordable and well-regarded hotels at the time. Unfortunately, I write as a constructive criticism that I don't have the same opinion, first because of the fact that it remains stagnant in time (cleanliness of the place, decoration , wifi service and quality of service) and mainly because of what happened in my last stay. Less than a month that did, during the stay for a few days it was paid in full ( 4 days), for other reasons we had to leave early on 2nd day . we had been told on the instructions of the hotel manager that the refund would be made by bank and only after 2 weeks at our insistence by email it was replied that it would not be possible.

Date of stay: July 2022