All reviewsshopping mallself cateringbig mallground floorclean poolwould stay againfully equipped kitchenown mealsbeds were comfortablelocation is greatstayed for nightsfamily roomen routeeasy accesshome away from homemicrowavelounge
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

What a rubbish hotel where do I start ? Key card didnt work had to go back to reception, no tv remote, no aircon remote, bathroom lights not working, fridge all wonky missing a foot, safe broken whole locking mechanism missing, drawers broken, no hair drier,telephone cord wall plug cover missing, hotel is grubby, no wifi in my room 402, sis man and you so happy to take my money upfront ? Absolutely disgusting!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Gummy B
Karien76, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Mr Banks,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Nelspruit Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. The problems that you experienced is not acceptable at all. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

It is situated in a good location across from the Shopping Mall. We specifically stayed here so we could get internet access to book more accomodation in Kruger. After 3 trips back and forth to reception with no luck we were able to hook up in a cafe across the road the next day. The place has space, but it has been run down, they are not & haven't spent any money on upgrading, which is a shame because in it's prime it would be marvelous. Our room was a little dusty & you wouldn't sit on the carpets, even the upholstery on the lounge was average. The linen was clean & so was the bathroom. We went to inspect the buffet for dinner but decided against it as unappetising. It is obvious the place needs an injection of cash to lift it up to its previous standard.

Room Tip: I really think you should ask to inspect the room prior to deciding on staying.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon N
Karien76, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Sharon,

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Not sure if the address for this hotel has changed, but the Mercure Hotel is now in Penny Gum street in Nelspruit. The rooms are large, the beds are satisfactory and so is the bathrooms. The breakfast was very good as well.
I am not sure why I do not give it 4 stars, but it is probably the fact that the rooms felt old and the whole interaction with the staff never felt inviting.

Room Tip: If you are walking some of the rooms are quite far away.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Karien76, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Nelspruit, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Ronald K,

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Room was clean, staff are professional and nice but maintenance is a negative issue.
Bathroom was with light problem, solved after my claim.
Rooms close to Gas Station are noisy!
I remember old times when everything was new and nice at Mercure and was a must to stay there with wife and kids.

Room Tip: Rooms far from Gas Station.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed in a self-catering unit. 2 bedrooms, big bathroom with shower & bath, lounge and fully equipped kitchen. Nothing was wrong... beds were comfortable, linen was clean. Staff / Reception professional and friendly. Only negative was that when we returned on the Saturday afternoon, our unit's door was left open - but the positive side is that nothing was missing! Wonderful - couldn't believe it, but it is true. Have booked already for next year.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Deadre B

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Nelspruit Hotel.