Open today: 09:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Pleasant visit to Pumbaa

Visited Pumbaa today. What a pleasant experience. Guide that took us around is very knowledgeable... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Willie J
Pretoria, South Africa
THE BEST ACCOMMODATION BY FAR!

Reviewed 20 October 2023
mornem646
South Africa

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2023

I accidently came about this place when I search for accommodation in Nelspruit. I am so happy I found it. I cannot believe that they are so affordable. To stay so close to Wildlife's most amazing animals. Prior to my arrival they have whatsapp me and confirmed everything. Upon arrival was I greeted by the friendly manager. Entered my room, I was shocked to see how amazing it was. The aircon, wifi, bed, bathroom and food was super special. Not to mentioned the nature surroundings. Well done to Pumbaa. Love every moment.

Date of experience: October 2023
1  Thank mornem646
Reviewed 19 August 2023 via mobile

Stayed here for a friends wedding and cannot fault the location, staff, care and attention for Al of us and the rooms were immaculate with the most comfortable bed!

Date of experience: August 2023
1  Thank F4573VTvictoriac
Reviewed 6 June 2023 via mobile

They decided to go low on budget with new rooms. Mattress must be the worst I've ever experienced at any hotel, lodge, or guesthouse. Could as well sleep on the floor, mattress so soft, not even fit for a child. No warning that they didn't have a generator and had to sit for 2 hours with only an emergency light and no that is just below the ceiling, having to stand on a rattan chair to switch it on! No wi-fi during load shedding. Bedding is low budget, pillows softest you can get, small low quality towels, no bedside lamps, and toilet seat had one of the two bolts missing.

Date of experience: June 2023
Reviewed 3 January 2023 via mobile

I had a great time and the gin & tonic voucher didn't hurt either. Just be aware there is a bit of offloading to get to the place but most Cara can male it through. I absolutely loved all the quotes posted

Date of experience: December 2022
1  Thank MellyTak16
Reviewed 3 January 2022 via mobile

Nicolas took the words out of my mouth!! Excellent, excellent,excellent.

Absolutely stunning. Animals is very well looked after.Enclosures are clean with more than enough room to move around. Please be advised that the animals was abused in some way and this is a rehab/recovery NOT a zoo. The overnight accommodation is 10/10. So relaxing with lions in the background late afternoon/early morning. The staff Zandile, kitchen staff and everyone involved where amazing. The owners were very hands on and also interacted with the animals. The lions, hyenas, cheetah loves them so much. Thank you guys. Will definitely come again. #oneforthebooks

Date of experience: January 2022