“Great all round”

Mediterranean
Ranked #5 of 145 Restaurants in Mbombela
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: I believe there are two outlets of this restaurant, with one in Riverside Mall, and the one I was at in I'langa Mall. The URL seems to be for the Riverside one, but at least the phone number will help.
Reviewed 27 June 2022

From the greeting on entering to the greeting on leaving it was a great experience. The service was good the meal was very good, fresh and tasty. Well done! We'll be back despite it being a bit pricey.

Date of visit: June 2022

Reviewed 17 September 2021

Delicious and fresh sushi and seafood. Four year old ate her entire plate without complaint. Our waiter, Mcdonald, was awesome. It felt like a sea holiday during mid September in the Lowveld!

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 21 May 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed supper with friends. The food is well prepared and excellent. It is a very nice restaurant with reasonable prizes. Friendly personnel. The place will see us again

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Johan P
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

We used to be regulars at Mediterranean, but these past 6 months it has been unaffordable.
The sushi is quite expensive, for example the Salmon Roses. But the salmon is cut so thin, that you can see rice through it.
Their food overall is amazing! But so EXPENSIVE.
For 3 people eating main courses, a few drinks, and one person eating a few plates of sushi, R1 300.

And with lockdown, we did not know that they were closing their kitchen at 7 o’clock. So we didn’t order early enough. We noticed that the staff were getting weird around us and we asked what’s going on. When told we said sorry and asked if we could still order, and we were told that the kitchen was going to be angry but that they’ll wait for us.

It was just a bit of an uncomfortable situation.
And fact is, we just can’t afford to eat there anymore.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 21 December 2020

Omw this was the start if my 5 started review in Mar 2017 "I wish we had this in Jhb!! My first time here and we came back 2 times!" I'm back in Nelspruit and rushed over expecting food from the Gods like last time. King Prawns were terrible tasteless over cooked. Sauces bland. The worse was the "smash" packet potatoes mash an absolute kitchen crime no self respected chef would be proud serving that.. & to be actually showing off about it on the menu. Crazy. It was stiff lifeless stodgy disgusting Should've been my first red flag. Mums dory fish was over cooked and tasteless. Chips were unimaginative chunks. & I paid a fortune for these meals so way to pricey for the terrible quality. It should've been free. Restuarant was hardly packed yet waiters were friendly but useless nowhere to be found. My takeaway sushi was the worse worse than fast food mall sushi plus half the things left out incl soy sauce! Half my takeaway forgotten. Sooo disappointed after my 5 star+!! review in 2017. Apparently owners are the same..so not sure what happened. How sad that a once super brilliant Restuarant has been run into the ground... from every aspect service price taste quality etc

Date of visit: December 2020