Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
enceevanhuyssteen
Secunda, South Africa

Not for sleepover not for anything

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Dec 2017via mobile
I had to find last minute accomodation on Friday the 8th of December.
This proved to be a mistake as I booked at this place. I couldnt book before my function and had to book in at around 23H30. Thats the only positive thing of my stay. They waited for me to book in late.
The parking was packed on no order as there is no structure. I was assured that I wouldn't have to move my car early in the morning even though I was parked behind a number of cars. I awoke at around 06h30 as they were knocking on my door to remove my car.
I had to climb over a large rock in the dark to get to the reception table as there is no real reception.
Water had accumulated all over as it was raining and no drainage was in place.
The room was small and badly finished.
The door frame leading to the bathroom was a standard outdoor steel frame that was unpainted. There was no handles on the door and the door was deteriorating rapidly. The washbasin cupboard was only a hastily put together makeshift pedestal.
The tv didnt work
The bed base was the wrong way round for a split matrass .
No top sheet on the bed. Only a bed cover that was stained. The blanket was not new and was damaged.
The whole area looked like a construction site with more rooms being build.
This place will definately not see me again. Ever!
Date of stay: December 2017
Get rewarded with One Key
    R 1 167
1.4 km from Island Boutique Lodge
View more hotels in Mbombela
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Don't believe what you see on www !!!

This is a building site and people should not be allowed to stay here. Our bathroom windows had no window nor frame (the frame fell out) other windows had no latches to close. The door frames are unpainted. Had to step into the shower to close the bathroom door. My feet was in the shower when i sit on the toilet. Their are 3 prong electrical plugs next to the water.pipes in the bathroom. The outlet for the toilet is not sealed in the wall, one can see to the outside.
The pillows on the beds look like something one will use for piles.
The access is not accessible. One has to walk over rocks and building rubble to get to the room.
there are no water glasses nor any teaspoons or tea in the room. The kettle has to stand on the floor to boil. Much much more to mention. Just dont stay here!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jvrens
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

This place is the absolute worst. It is a joke. The room which is just a box with no aircon or even a fan so it is literally cooking. The place looks like a building site. We checked in and first the people couldnt find my husband's name as they had put his name down wrong. Then as we were getting ready for bed they came knocking and asked us to pay and sign something which is total inappropriate. The latch on the window is broken. Do not come here.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AshleyC4195
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Walked in and walked out. This place is not fit for accommadation. Broken beds, doors that do not lock. Not safe for children. Dirty. No Garden, If we wanted sand we could go to the beach. Limited parking. What you see as advertised is not what you get.

Room tip: not recommended
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MaureenS1991
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Our room which was basically unfinished lacked the following:
A kettle, hangars, only half a roll of toilet paper, no tea or coffee, no light or hooks for towels in bathroom, bathroom only half tiled the rest rough concrete, a hole in the roof, the most uncomfortable mattress ever, impossible to sleep on bed, plug sockets not finished, no TV, no safe, mirror not attached to the wall still wrapped in plastic, base of bed still wrapped in plastic, no soap and parking a huge problem. Woken up twice in the night to move our car for other guests. For people with disabilities access to rooms is very difficult because of the rock surrounding rooms and pool. No level pathways to rooms. For the price of R1500-00 per night for the weekend of Inniebos festival , a total ripoff.

Date of stay: July 2017