Open today: 05:00 - 18:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Private Kruger Safaris tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Private Kruger Safaris
from US$1 277,23
from US$83,96
from US$105,31
from US$545,05
More Info
All reviews these guys bird species bean bags great guide fabulous days rare sighting days nights professional photographer spot things photo safari fantastic photos knew where blyde river canyon safari experience thank you so much big cats morning drive
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Arno, our guide, met us at the airport and from then showed us how to use our cameras in full manual and showed us the amazing sights of Kruger National Park. I cannot recommend this experience highly enough! We came away with too many fantastic photos that we are going to struggle to fit them all in one book! We were awed at Arno’s knowledge and experience and learnt so much. We saw the ‘big five’ of course, but so much more and came away so happy that we couldn’t even pick ten highlights there were so many more. Our guide could spot things at such a distance and knee the behaviour of the animals so well that we were able to move to the best place for the best shot.
Enough said. A trip not to be missed!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

The game drive in Kruger was our third one of the trip and THE WORST thanks to a rude, arrogant and condescending driver/guide (Quentin). Instead of working with the group he from the get go told us that he doesn’t like large groups. He then continued to tell us that he knows what he is doing and would not stop at wildlife sightings that we wanted to take pictures of. Example: we saw a large herd of elephants at a water hole. Would have been a beautiful photo opportunity from a bridge we were crossing. It would have taken 3 minutes and everybody would have been happy. Yet he speeded ahead because at some other location there were lions. When we reached the location, the viewing was very poor because a) the lions were down at a river bed with lots of bushes and trees blocking the view and b) there was a traffic jam! On another occasion one other guide apparently spotted a rare bird. Our driver turned the car and we spent nearly 20!!! minutes trying to see bird. It was so small that only he with his binoculars and one of our group members with a 400 mm camera lens could spot it.
Bottom line: people spend a lot of money coming to Kruger to see wildlife (Big Five). If a guide doesn’t accommodate a group’s requests, he is in the wrong business. Being told continuously that we would see enough animals later just doesn’t cut it. A 100% photo shot opportunity trumps a “may be” sighting in my book. Serious attitude adjustment is needed here!

Date of experience: October 2018
5  Thank MARTINA S
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Fantastic few days in Kruger Park with Private Kruger Safaris. We booked in advance, and Private Kruger Safaris delivered above expectations on all fronts. Absolutely highly recommend. We had the same, very knowledgeable, gentleman (Arno) all 4 days ...3 days kruger + 1 day Blyde river area.
Arno went beyond expectations to get us the “big 5”...incl an unforgettable Leopard sighting and numerous birds...simply amazing....
We are already considering the next trip with PK Safaris

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank torbens257
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent personal touch and quality service. They know there game and know where to get any of the big 5.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank hennie_becker
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Customised 2.5 day private photographic tour
I arrived in Kruger by plane from Capetown (originally from the UK) and was swiftly picked up by Hennie at Szukaza. As a had a tight time schedule I had requested through them to book camera lenses and gear to waste as little time possible (telephoto zoom). We started immediately with the safari got the kit ready and we were off. A great start indeed and got to see the Big 5 and more on the first day. Next stop over was at the camp and was picked up at dusk the next day (I must add, coming from Capetown and having water limitations, I was grateful for a decent shower, lol). Overall, it was great getting assistance from Hennie and his photographic techniques, positioning the car for ideal light, tracking and Kruger park stories. I also got to do a bit of bird watching and photography which was quite challenging but enjoyed it. Amazing variety of bird species. As I was travelling solo, safety was a prime concern and at no point did I feel otherwise. Hennie was great to talk to and his photographic knowledge was impeccable. I would recommend though that it is best to have 2 photographers for a little bit of 'animal banter' and 'photographic sharing'. I have some images already up on my insta and hope to add the bird ones soon. If interested please drop me a line to give you an idea of what can be seen in what I call a place I want to come back to explore.

Date of experience: February 2018