All reviewsset menu for dinnerkruger national parkreception and dining areawell run hotelthe main hotelcomfortable staybreakfast buffetbreakfast boxbig roomgreat showereaster weekendair conditionerenjoyed our stayout of this worldtwo nightsclose proximityhazy view
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The reception staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel is centrally situated and overall a good and comfortable location. The food is absolutely fantastic. Nice bar and reception and dining area are very clean.

I was lied to by the bar lady and the rooms need a little refurbishing here and there but overall the rooms are good. The draught beer is however cold and good.

I will definitely visit again

Room Tip: Garden Suites are good
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2017

On arrival and check in I was given a room with four beds. Ideal for people traveling in a group. The room was stuffy and smelt of dust. It was more of a school kids room than a hotel room. I went to the reception and demanded a better room. The receptionist asked me what was wrong with the room and I was impressed with his attitude. I demanded a better room and I was given the best room. I wish they could give guest good accommodation so that I didn't not have to walk 300 meters to the reception to ask for a better room. WiFi is only accessible in the hotel lobby which meant I had to walk 300-400 meters to access the wiFi. This needs a serious attention. the breakfast was the best one South Africa is known about. Full buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Garden suites are quite and homely. You have the place to yourself. You can enter the yard without bothering the reception
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Enjoyed our stay, the reception is large and welcoming and we found the staff very friendly and helpful. We spent only one night here but the food was amongst the best of our two week holiday in South Africa. Our bedrooms in the main building (we had 2, numbers 202/203) were very spacious with a large balcony overlooking the gardens and swimming pool. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel covers pretty big rooms in a main building, a number of bungalow-style rooms, and a camping site.
During my three nights stay, I had a room in the main building with a little terrace. The bed was very comfortable and gave me a good sleep, but "king size bed" rather means two mattresses with separate beddings put together. The room is big, but has only basic furniture and appears somewhat naked. Lightning could be warmer and more welcoming. There are only about five local TV channels which I find pretty outdated in the 21st century. The bathroom looks old and not very inviting with dark-green flagging, but everything was functioning though it takes a number of minutes in early mornings until the water gets warm.
There is free wifi, but unfortunately it only works around the reception. That's another thing that, in my opinion, doesn't really fit into the 21st century.
The selections at the breakfast buffet are good given the small size of the hotel. Fresh eggs and omelettes are prepared by a chef. For guests who depart in early mornings, the hotel provides a breakfast box. I very much liked this service which I used two times and the content was always good.
For dinner, the hotel has a restaurant which I used once. The room is very nice with wooden walls. I chose spaghetti with seafood from a pretty comprehensive menu, which was ok for the price, but not really much more.
The staff I interacted with were always friendly and sometimes awesomely willing to help. Guests should be aware that there is no reception staff at nights, only a security guard.
The garden is in parts very well taken care of and is a very nice addition to the hotel, but the wider you walk away from the hotel building, the more the grass is dry and it doesn't look that nice anymore. There is a swimming pool, but I didn't use it.
Very close to the hotel is a shopping centre with several banks and supermarkets as well as some fast food outlets.
In terms of value for money, the Numbi Hotel is certainly a good choice, and I would book it again. But there are some little things that could be easily done to make a stay more enjoyable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and our 2 kids (primary school) stayed in a very big room in the Main House. We were very impressed with the size of the main bedroom. It had a large bathroom as part of the main bedroom with a huge 'spa' bath. (Nice but not private if that's what you require). But, it does have a separate bathroom with shower and toilet. The second bedroom had 2 single beds. Kettle and fridge in main bedroom. Very nice for a family stay. Furniture is old style but we loved the space and it was very clean. Good price wise.

Gardens on our side looked a bit neglected but at restaurant side its lovely.

We had a delicious breakfast at the hotel! Nice variety and nice setting close to the pool. Very friendly staff at the restaurant esp the manager (forgot his name - the big friendly dude).

Even though it's sort of 'in Hazyview town' - with the space and gardens it felt as if you were in a natural resort.

It is close to Witrivier and close enough to Nelspruit/Mombela and +-10km from Numbi gate going to the Kruger.

We really enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family