“Nice hotel.”

Hippo Hollow Country Estate
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hazyview
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Very welcoming to us as we arrived. Our accommodation was ready for us and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were nice and had a private balcony looking out onto the Sabie river. Coffee and tea making facilities were available and bottled water supplied.
The service in the restaurant was exceptional and all the waiting staff should be commended on their professionalism.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1 084)

11 - 15 of 1 084 reviews

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights whilst visiting the area, it was lovely accommodation with views of the river, which made a very relaxing setting to sit and chill. It has 2 swimming pools which with hot temperatures was very inviting, yet a bit cold. The food was lovely in its presentation and taste, staff where very polite and professional. It was a pleasurable experience to stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Wow! What fantastic service! They arranged for the singers to sing happy birthday for me and kept us informed about when the Hippos where coming out and they did! The food was too good for words! Well done to the Chef, really!! The manager made sure we where comfortable and didn't bother us too much, the waiters wow!! Congrats on your team really this service and homey feeling to your restaurant was just breath taking. I will be sure to bring my family around to show them how excellent the service is and how amazingly friendly all the staff is, you know who you are!

See you all soon
Fay

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Where to begin... the moment I walked into Hippo Hollow I knew that this was the place we would get married. Everything was perfectly done. From the planning of day 1 through to the day we had to say goodbye as Mr&Mrs. The most outstanding for me at Hippo Hollow was the staff. At the end of the day the staff was our friends and no more hand shakes we all hugged, they were the most loving and caring staff with exceptional service. Grace took me under her wing on the wedding day, making sure I had everything I needed even during the reception she came to me and told me I must eat something and that she had kept an eye on me and saw I haven't eaten anything yet and that I should take time to eat... That to me shows that the people at Hippo Hollow are not just there to serve you, they are there to go the extra mile for their guests.
I big special thank you to Zandile and Melanie, they were unbelievable... very professional and always ready to help with whatever we needed, even if it was just to talk and vent.
After the wedding we were all sad to leave, but we will always go back, as Hippo Hollow will forever have a special place in our hearts!
Let the pictures speak for itself.

Room Tip: River or garden chalets will be the best option.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank melanieheunes
Zandile-HH, General Manager at Hippo Hollow Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Melanieheunes,

Thank you for your generous review of Hippo Hollow Hotel.

We take pride in our establishment, working hard and always striving to go higher and comments like yours make us remember why we are in the industry to begin with.

I must say the week that you and your entire family spent with us went so quickly, it felt like we were one united family on an outing.

Once again thank you very much for choosing Hippo Hollow as your wedding venue, and most of all that it was a great success.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

If you want to visit Kruger Park, this is the best place where to stay over night. Perfect accommodation, food and great African evening with local performance. They can organize Safari in Kruger, where the gate to the park is about 15 min by car.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear RobertCzerucki,

Thank you for your review.

Its very exciting to hear the our team at Hippo Hollow have been attentive to your needs and had assisted you where ever possible to make your visit at Kruger to be a memorable one.

Its was a great pleasure to have you as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazyview
0,7 km away
2,2 km away
Hotel Numbi & Garden Suites
36,6 km away
Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate

Been to Hippo Hollow Country Estate? Share your experiences!