Lowest prices for your stay
R 1 407
R 1 550
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2022 via mobile

Hazyview Sun is the hotel we stayed at for 3 nights when we were visiting Kruger National Park. We were part of a tour group, and this was the hotel they chose us to stay at. Honestly, my wife and I have no complaints.

It was a pleasant 3 night stay. From start to finish, the staff was very competent. Room was wonderful. Everything worked well including the A/C. Bed was comfy, and we slept well each night. Food at their restaurant was tasty. It was buffet style each meal, and they had a good selection to choose from.

Don't know if we will ever be fortunate to visit this part of the world again....if we do come back, then I'd be pleased to stay at Hazyview Sun once more.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2022

We stayed here for 2 nights with 2 teenage boys (13 and 16). Rooms are basic but spacious. We were missing a fridge. The gardens and views are lovely and staff is friendly. The buffet at night was quite expensive. Breakfast was good. It would have been nice if they would have put some cards with the name of the dishes at the buffet as for europeans it was not always clear what kind of dish it is and staff was always quite busy.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 6 September 2022 via mobile

Not a 5 star but I thought it was great
Staff were very friendly
Food was very good
Drinks at the bar were very reasonable (for a Canadian)
The back patio and pool area were my favourite,I ate every meal outside
The guy complaining about a biscuit on his pillow is way to uptight
As far as the space under the door,looks like they have added a strip to help with that.
As far as bugs,I saw one bug in our room,but remember you are not in the city.
I would stay there again,you are 1/2 hour to Kruger park

Room tip: No fridge but bar staff would get you ice
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2022 via mobile

Generally, I am by not the kind of person who would complain when travelling, however the traumatic experience at Hazyview sun remains unforgettable. Worse, the hotel management urged me not to write a review nor report the incident because they would want to “make things right”. Little did I know that this was their strategy to get rid of me. To give a bit of context to this, I was booked at Hazyview Sun from 30 May to 3 June 2022, a long-anticipated trip as it was my first time being in the province. All that changed when I was checking in to the hotel, as they were about 8 of us checking in and being attended by 1 person. I even remember asking the lady that was checking us in as to why she's working alone, her response was “Please ask my manager”. The simple process of checking in took us almost 30mins, as a result the lady that was checking us in made mistakes as she was under pressure. These mistakes include checking us in without using the Tsogo sun membership numbers which resulted in us loosing those points.

The following, I requested an iron which took forever to get to my room. Understandably so that sometimes people request irons and never put it outside when the are finished. To my surprise as I was filling the iron with water, I noticed a huge/“wild” cockroach inside the iron. Something that I have never seen nor witnessed it in my life - seeing an cockroach swinging! I have attached a picture and video of this incident. You imagine the kind trauma I went through when the cockroach jumped at me!

I thought that this was the last incident until I experienced showering with cold water the very next morning. Yes I understand that load shedding is a national crisis, but one would assume that such an establishment would have a backup generator.

These incident were brought to the hotel management’s attention as a way cautioning them to do better. However, pretend as if they cared and they’ll attend to these issues. They even promised to “make it up” to me as a valued member and pleaded that I don’t write a review. This took place a month ago and nothing has been done or said to me. It is for this reason, I thought it is best to this review.

Thanks

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Madicks
Reviewed 6 June 2022

I hereby would like to complain about my unpleasant and unbearable stay at HAZYVIEW SUN as from the 30th May till 3rd June 2022.
Having been a Black tier-membership with Southern Sun for the past 4-5 years, I honestly have not came across to such a standard, especially the rating being a 4-Star. Amongst many other trivial issues I came across and experienced was the following:

1. My Room (053) was without a bar fridge. and that was one of the worst! imagine in such a warm and sunny environment, at-least you expect to be able to get to your room and grab your cold cooldrink that you might have stored!

2. Food menu at the restaurant was so much limited, without the normal varieties of Buffet. Breakfast Buffet menu was the worst for me! I would even prefer some of the 3-Star rated Southern Sun hotel's food than that of this Hotel in question.

3. My room's bath tub stopper was not working well at all! after filling the tub with water after a hard day, I was so much annoyed by the fact that I had to keep-on refilling the tub with water since they kept on depleting! imagine that experience! when I opted for the shower the following day, that experience too was worse! water was cold/lukewarm bear in mind it was around 7AM in the morning. shower head was rusty. like anyone can see that it’s too old and needs replacement! the shower experience in itself is uncomfortable for anyone I would guess, because of its dimension and positioning especially within that tub.

4. Those two coffee-biscuits that are always offered and always made available after every day's clean, were only available on my day of arrival day! for the rest of the week, they were not made available. bear in mind those are my favourite and, I always look forward to them every day of my stay.

5. Since I always came back around 7-9PM Room Turn-Down service was not carried out at all in my room! I mean preparing the room for the night so that a client feels at home and can easily go to bed upon returning to his room is a standard thing to do! It was such an awful feeling getting back to a dark room and with curtains wide open and windows equally open as well! I was really disturbed by this experience!

5. In one morning, I called the reception desk for a plaster, as I was bleeding due to a boil in my body. the lady who answered my call, said she will send someone to bring it. Can you believe that I had to call again about 15min later to remind the lady my request, and I was running late for work as I was rushing for a shuttle. Although she apologized for that.

6. With the current season being Winter, at least one expect to find a blanket inside the wardrobe... to my shock it was not available! I had to take duvet in the extra bed that was there...... as if that was not enough, when I came back from work the following day, the person that tiding/cleaning the room decided to left that second duvet in that very same bed... as now being two duvets in one bed! the other second bed being with a sheet only. can you imagine laziness and poor service! it’s a combination of insufficient blankets at the hotel and laziness from the staff!

To sum it up, my experience was the worst ever at a Southern Sun Hotel. But I won’t paint all Southern Sun Hotels with the same brush.
So Southern Sun Management really have to make something about that Hazyview Sun's services and standards.
I was very much disappointed and regretful to myself. bear in mind I was the one who recommended that Hotel to my colleagues, over others Protea Kruger gate) that available and closer to Kruger National Park, as we were going to also visit the Park for a game drive.

Date of stay: June 2022