All reviews the river beautiful roses swedish massage macadamia nut outdoor bathroom treatment rooms out of this world bath and shower close to nature beautiful place sabi sands south africa kruger park tents sean setting litchi
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

A stunning lodge in a stunning location. We felt totally relaxed and at home here. All of the staff are incredibly warm and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. The spa was phenomenal, I wasn't expecting such high standards from a lodge but was massively impressed. We went all out with the Touch of Nature spa journey which takes all day and was as relaxing as it was indulgent. The spa therapists were fantastic and I'd highly recommend having a pamper while you're here.

Breakfast was lovely overlooking the river and we even saw a hippo walking up the river past the bar one evening.

The tented lodges are nothing short of luxurious with the river running by and the wildlife tweeting and chirping all around. The highlight has to be the bath which is in full privacy on your outside terrace. Utter decadence.

My only reservation will be the one I make for our next visit. Why is the UK so far from here?!

Loved it. Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AndrevanHeerden, Owner at Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Dear Liz
Thank you for a wonderful review. We would love to have you return!

Reviewed 18 March 2016

If you want to experience at the same time adventure and feel like part of the nature, and all this with rose pedals everywhere in a very luxurious and unusual accommodation, go to Summer fields!
Excellent service and very simpatic and devoted young stuff!
Fantastic massage!
I recommend this with all my hart.
Just one minus, there is an enormous macadamia plantations and we could not by even one kilo of cleaned macadamia.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Sonja
Thank you for your positive comments. These really make us happy and the hard work worthwhile. We have just started harvesting macadamias, and these will be available in a few weeks. Do let us know if we can send you some?

Reviewed 16 March 2016

I was traveling alone, from the US, and after a pretty long, arduous trip to Africa, this was 100% perfect. The staff made every little thing easy, smooth, and luxurious. The food was amazing, fresh, and healthy, and the restaurant was situated in the most beautiful outlook on the river. The bed was comfortable and the room was so well appointed. I drank pots of tea in the outdoor bathtub, over the river as well. My spa treatment was very professional and comfortable. I'd literally return to Africa just to stay here again. A real highlight of my life.

Room tip: Get a room on the river, for sure!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Wow, what a great review? Many thanks for your recommendations.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

One of the best for relaxing and being close to nature and closer to people(Shimano).
Food outstanding and so is the attention to detail.Staff went out of their way to make you
feel comfortable and wanted

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Stephen and Jean

So good to see you again after many years. Thank you for visiting, and hope to welcome you back here soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

This place was absolutely amazing. My partner and I had an hour long massage by two lovely girls who definitely knew their job, the room was open and right next to the rapids in the Sabie river. Very relaxing very beautiful and the people there were very accommodating

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lisa

We appreciate your review. Many thanks.