Review Highlights
Amazing experience with outlook safari

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Meander63315717502
via mobile
Amazing trip with Outlook!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Tawny C
via mobile

All reviews game drives camping safari day safari food was amazing camping option food prepared small snack air con sunset drive breakfast and dinner rest camp classic safari panorama tour great safari experience food and wine love their job morning drive
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Let's set the record straight: the food is not good. The restaurant in camp -- a Wimpy's burger joint -- serves better meals for five dollars.

We were served very cheap cuts of meat, like an appetizer of four fried chicken livers and a beef stew that was more bones and fat than meat. Boboti is usually something like lasagna: the version we were served was a sad little square of ground meat and eggs, no larger than a deck of playing cards.

Dessert is a small square of something baked, served with a sauce. My neighbor asked if Malva pudding is supposed to taste burned. Uh, no. It came in a pool of instant custard that's made by adding powder to milk.

To their credit, you can specify no red meat, vegetarian, etc. However, the vegetarian dinner I got appeared to be one zucchini, fried.

Inexplicably, you also get just one glass. On the first night we were served mango juice after we sat down. I asked for water too and was told I had to finish my juice to use that glass.

Our package included wine with dinner. It wasn't served -- or mentioned -- until we asked where it was. The bottle was never left on the table. (Yes, I had to finish my water to have wine.)

No food or drink is ever left on the table. You are served. If there are seconds available on food they aren't offered.

Still, we really enjoyed meal time. Everyone started bringing their own wine because Outlook was so stingy. We loved hanging out with great people and sharing stories (and photos) of the day's drive.

The huts are good, the setting excellent, the swimming pool very cool. Maid service sometimes forgets to leave towels.

Some guides are very good, some not. One seemed to circle the camp until the time expired and he could bring us back. On the other end of the spectrum was the brilliant Tiann. He loves his work and it shows in his enthusiasm, dedication, and knowledge. On our last day he wanted us to see a lion so much he actually got into trouble for keeping us out late. (Yes, he found us FOUR lions.) Our trip was expensive but game drives with Tiann made it worth every penny.

Too long, didn't read: don't expect good food or much of it, bring your own glass, ask for wine. Go anyway. And make sure Tiann is your guide.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were two friends coming to Kruger for a 4 days camping budjet safari with Outlook and we had an AMAZING experience!! All the staff were very friendly and helpful, the camping facilities were super clean and comfortable, the service excellent, and of course the game drives were great! The guides always stopped when we asked for, provided us with explanations of what we were seeing and did their best to let us see the big 5 and much more!
We had a truly wonderful time :)

Date of experience: November 2018
OutlookGM, General Manager at Outlook Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Meander63315717502, thank you for the fantastic feedback. It's always encouraging to us, as a team, to hear about our guests' experience with us, and that yours was an amazing one. We're glad that your stay was comfortable and that our staff in the camp and guides made your safari all the more memorable. Hopefully, we'll see you here again soon. Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

As a solo traveler, it was difficult finding a company that would accommodate me. I was referred to Outlook by another company and am so glad I was! They responded quickly to my inquiries and were able to accommodate my last minute reservation. The entire camp staff was wonderful, helpful, and very hospitable-especially Jeremiah, Rickson, and “Master Chef”. The meals were great (& presented so well!) and the guides tried their best to find the animals that you were looking for (no guarantee you’ll actually see them though, of course). Overall a wonderful safari experience and I look forward to returning!

Date of experience: November 2018
OutlookGM, General Manager at Outlook Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Tawny, it's fantastic to hear your feedback regarding your safari experience, and it's certainly something I will share with our staff in the Kruger. I'm also glad that Jeremiah, Rickson and the team were able to make your experience all the more memorable and that you enjoyed the meals and the game drives. I'm sure we'll see you on safari again soon. Until then. Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

A group of four of us were booked with Outlook Safaris through a third-party operator. I'm very glad this was the safari company they went with. Pick-up and transfer from Johannesburg to Pretoriuskop Camp went smoothly, if a bit long (NOT a complaint against Outlook Safaris, it's just a long distance). The tents were well maintained and the beds were comfortable. The food was excellent--their chef Ishmael prepared wonderful snacks, breakfasts, and dinners. The game drives were spectacular and our guides, particularly Daniel and DJ, were fantastic. They were very knowledgeable about the wildlife in the Kruger National Park, and more than willing to put up with "Back the truck up! No, now forward! Too far, back up a little more!" They seriously had the patience of saints. I will say we got VERY, VERY lucky on our drives. We managed to get a front row seat of a lioness eating a freshly killed gazelle (an awesome if rather gruesome once-in-a-lifetime opportunity), then a pair of cheetahs on the way back to camp, with Daniel as our guide. We also saw a mother leopard with her two adolescent cubs on our last game drive, this time with DJ. Given how elusive leopards are, it was almost miraculous to see not one but three of these beautiful animals. Even without these big cat sitings, the drives were fun and informative. The weather was cold and rainy for our third and final days but we still got fantastic game drives. If (more likely when) I return to Kruger, I plan on using Outlook Safaris.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank rachelwilmoth1982
OutlookGM, General Manager at Outlook Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Rachel, thank you for your phenomenal feedback. It's great to hear that everything went smoothly - I'm especially glad that your game drives were exciting and interesting. There really is so much to see and experience in the African bush, and I'm sure that Daniel and DJ were happy to share their passion for it, with you. I will also let Ishmael and the team know that you enjoyed the meals and the accommodation. We'll see you on your next trip to the Kruger. Until then! Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I just returned from a great Safari with Outlook in Kruger with my Parents, girlfriend, and younger brother. We stayed two nights in Pretoriuskop and one night in Skukuza. The Outlook team was extremely professional and helpful throughout the entire trip. Airport pick up and drop off from Nelspruit Kruger International we easy and quick. We saw all the big five and then some! Sadly Pretoriuskop was full for the last night of our trip, but Outlook arranged for us to stay in Skukuza the final night, and at the end of the day I am glad we did. It allowed us to see another section of the park as well as two more rest camps.

Our guide, who's name I believe was Taii or something along those lines (sorry, long travel day...) was absolutely fantastic. He was clearly as excited to see the animals as we were and did his absolute best to find everything possible. We were very lucky to see a pride of lions attack a herd of buffalo and see a leopard stalk a group impala. He added as much info as possible throughout the ride, interjecting tidbits about each animal we saw. Very glad we got paired up with him, and our whole family extends our thanks!

The accommodation arrangements and food were all great and handled professionally and efficiently. We had a total of 4 safari drives throughout the trip (one with park rangers, 3 with our guide,) as well as doing the panorama drive which was great despite low visibility due to cloud cover.

Would absolutely recommend Outlook for a great Kruger safari experience!

Date of experience: October 2018

Benjamin, thank you for sharing your safari experience with us. It sounds like you had some fantastic sightings on your safari and made many unforgettable memories along the way. Your comments about the professionalism and efficiency that you experienced is most appreciated - I will pass this on to your guide and the rest of our team as well. Hopefully you'll be able to join us here on safari again soon. Kind Regards