“Great first-time safari experience”
Review of Outlook Safaris

Outlook Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: We have been operating safaris to the Kruger National Park since 1998 and specialize in this region of South Africa. All safaris are conducted by professional safari guides employed by ourselves. You will deal with us personally and safaris generally leave from the Outlook Lodge. Options vary from budget camping to luxury lodge safaris. At Outlook Safaris we are a tight knit group of people who are all in this business to make African Dreams come true on your Kruger Park Safari. Combined our management members have almost 80 years of experience in the Safari industry, thus you can be assured that your dreams are in very capable hands.
Reviewed 3 April 2017

This was my first time in Africa on safari, and these guys were great.

I think I was there on a slow weekend, but the group sizes were really small which was great. Guides were awesome, friendly professional and knowledgeable.

The accommodations at Skukuza are 'no-frill's' but very comfortable and clean. The camp is great with amenities like the shop and restaurant on the river.

The transportation from Johannesburg to the park ran very smoothly, they picked me up and dropped me off at my friends' apartment exactly when they said they would, and the ride was very comfortable.

I would absolutely recommend this company.

OutlookGM, General Manager at Outlook Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Derek, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to hear that your experience was pleasant and that we were able to make your trip as smooth and comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Regards

Reviewed 28 March 2017

The safari was a great experience for us. First the good:
1. The park where we stayed in the tent accommodation was great. Restaurant, shops, pool, secured and very calm. Great location.
2. The staff was amazing. The manager on site, Albert, was very caring towards guests and was a fantastic guide who gave us the chance to see everything there was to see.
3. The food. Never have I thought I could have such amazing food in a camp where a kitchen has been set up in a tent. We were very impressed. The quality of the food and the wine was all great.
4. The drives. The sunset drive included on a 3 days safari was ok. This one is done not by Outlook but Kruger park guides. It wasn't as personalized as the one Outlook guides did for us but it was good. Our guides were fantastic. Again, we saw plenty of animals and the guides always made sure to ask guests what they wanted to see.

Overall quality is delivered and the organization on site is fantastic. It is worth the price.

The improvements - a constructive criticism:
1. Our tent was unfortunately a bit smelly when he arrived. The camp was at full capacity and we couldn't change tent. The linens and mattress smelled like sweat. When I raised the issue with manager, we were transferred to another tent. That was ok. The mattresses are a little run down, they could use a good lift. Overall the tents are comfortable. The little huts on site looked evidently more comfortable and of course goes for a higher price. An option to consider.
2. The transportation: while we understand the logistics of transporting people from all over Pretoria and Joburg, during our drive to Kruger our driver was not the best at rallying people. The 15 minutes stop turned into more than 45...in a long dirve 4-6 hours this was an extra delay that could have been avoided if the driver would have been more proactive. At the airport, the transfer was quick and effective however.
Coming back from Kruger to the airport, we were at Pretoriuskrop camp which is about an hour less drive than the other camp where guests were coming from to meet us. For some reasons, both shuttles leave at the same time which results in us having to wait more than an hour at the airport for the other shuttle to arrive. Guest felt we could have stayed a bit longer at the camp after breakfast and continue sipping on coffee or walking around basking in the sun instead of rushing to meeting point only to be stranded there waiting for others to arrive. The transfers and meeting arrangements could benefit from better planning. And extra hour of waiting around in a car or walking around a parking a lot can be frustrating for guests.

Overall quality of this safari is very good. I would still recommend this company.

Yan, thank you for your feedback. Because of it, we can continually improve and give our guests a truly memorable safari experience. I will also convey your kind words to Albert and our chefs. Regards

Reviewed 22 March 2017

When you start your researches for a Safari in Kruger from home, it is hard to pick the company you will book your tour with... I know the struggle! But there is a reason Outlook came out on top of my researches: they offer one of the cheapest safari you can find and I got way more out of it than I expected. I honestly haven't been disappointed!

I stayed in the Pretoriuskop camp. It is a basic camp but you have a pool, a fast food restaurant and a small shop where you can find the basic services you need. Toilets and Showers are cleaned every day!

I stayed in a tent and, except a few zipper problems for some, all tents were in good conditions and included beds, electricity, light and even a small AC system.
In your package you also have breakfast and dinner included… and the food offered is not ‘camping style’ at all! The chef on-site, cooked for us every day an English breakfast in the morning and a 3-course meal in the evening: really tasty and unexpected!

The game drives (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) were led by Albert. He was fun, professional, and always happy to answer all of our questions. We also all really appreciated the fact that he would ask us the objective of the day before we would leave the camp: and I got to see the big 5! I also highly recommend taking the 1 day Panorama tour: the view of the Blyde River Canyon is just OUTSTANDING there is no other word! And Soan, our guide, made our day unforgettable!

Overall it was a really great experience from Pick-up to Drop-off and the atmosphere was young and dynamic with people arriving and leaving every day. A really great value for money as well: I would definitely recommend Outlook!

Thank you for the positive review, Valentina. We always aim to ensure that our guests' stay is enjoyable and it's great to hear that it was for you. The Panorama Route is definitely a highlight and is not to be missed. Hopefully we'll see you on a safari again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Thank you for suggesting me stay 2 days, thank you and all members of Outlook Safari, was a great journey in Kruger.

Staying in the hut was wonderful, because my next door neighbours invited each night to me and we had a long talk about this wonderful country, and I talked to them about Guatemala also.

Summary: I received more than expected :)

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay ... thank you for the feedback. We always aim to give our guests the best experience possible and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Good organized, comfortable tents and beds, exceptional meals, competent staff, super game drives and a lot of fun.
We stayed at Pretorioskop and enjoyed the 3 days so much. We left with lots of great memories: beautiful sunset, dinner alfresco under the starry sky, beautiful view from Mtekanyane, Simba, Pumba, almost saw all of the magnificent 7 in one game drive, the pleasant atmosphere in the camp,... (the list is long).
Highly recommended and we'll definitely come back :)

P.S.: Ask for a game drive with Deon, he's the best!

Thank you for the great review. I'm so pleased that we could help you create those special memories. Deon is a true pro and I'm sure he'll appreciate the positive feedback. Until next time.