Zuleika Country House
African Rock Lodge(Hoedspruit)(Great Value!)
US$118
Bushbaby River Lodge(Hoedspruit)(Great Value!)
US$160
Unembeza Boutique Lodge & Spa(Hoedspruit)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$463
  • Breakfast included
Becks Safari Lodge(Hoedspruit)
US$984
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first ever Guest House in South Africa while I was in between Game Lodges and I found it to be quite lovely and would definitely stay here again if I need a place in the Hoedspruit area. For the money, I feel it is an exceptional value. The staff is wonderful and OMG, the Chef is amazing! I have never had such impeccably prepared, flavorful home cooking. I wish I could have taken her home with me!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Zuleika C, Manager at Zuleika Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the food and found the rooms to be great value for money. I will pass your compliments on to the chef and I am sure she will be very grateful to hear your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Hoedspruit.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The setting for this hotel was beautiful and peaceful and the food outstanding BUT what happened to our room? It was at the end of a line of cabins and on walking in we thought we have stumbled into the staff accommodation. The room had not been updated for many years and the lavatory had an old enamel basin and jug in it as well as a very old loo. A shower had been crammed into one end of the bedroom which was a welcome sight especially as it did work.
We stayed for only one night (on our way to Black Leopard Camp) and I am sorry but if we were given the same room again we would certainly not stay there. Our travelling companion,was given the honeymoon suite which was fantastic with an old Colonial feel about it and a four poster bed!

Room Tip: Oick the honeymoon suite You'l love it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Zuleika C, Manager at Zuleika Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay and for recommending the Luxury rooms in your travel tips. We were sorry to hear that you were unhappy in the room that you booked. The Standard room that you booked is more suited to travellers that are on a budget as it is the most affordable rooms that we offer. This is due to the rooms being much smaller in size than the Luxury rooms and the location of the room. The Standard rooms are situated further from the guest house but this allows for privacy and lovely views of the mountain from the patio. If you would like to book with us in the future we would be happy to accommodate you in one of our Luxury rooms which would be better suited for you. We hope you return to the area in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Do not use the map pin on Google Maps to find this hotel as it is NOT by Hoedspruit aerodrome. It is just off the R531 - we were in good company, apparently, in not finding it! Each room is a chalet set in well-kept gardens with a huge variety of plants, orchids, grasses, all leading down to a pond at the bottom of the slope. The view is fantastic - especially from chalet number 6. We had dinner (set menu) our second night and the food was very good - well cooked and presented. Breakfast was equally good both in choice and quality. We had a safari tour booked but the drive to Orpen Gate took one hour (in an open safari vehicle, so very windy and very uncomfortable). Far better to drive yourself to the gate and meet the guide there - especially as we had an 80 year old with us who would not have survived the journey to Kruger if she had not been installed in the cab beside the driver! 4 poster beds with mosquito nets make you feel like you are in a princess' bed. The bath is enormous and there are nice touches such as bath salts in a pot, some nougat sweets by the bedside and some schnapps for those who like a bedtime snifter.... Plenty of hot water and good water pressure with seating on the verandah outside each chalet all make for a really comfortable stay. Nice blinds, plenty of windows, aircon and mosquito plugs. The basket in the wardrobe contains a torch, candles and matches in case of power failure and plug adaptors. There is even a room spray should the need arise! These are all nice touches which show the managers of this property are prepared to go the extra mile. I cannot comment on the pool as I never saw it. Apparently there were 14 other guests on the property but we did not hear nor see them Tranquillity itself.

Room Tip: Chalet 6 has by far the nicest view and is furthest away from other guests.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Annakatrine
Zuleika C, Manager at Zuleika Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for the lovely review and for taking the time to go into detail about the facilities. I apologise about the Google Map pin being in the wrong location, the pin was placed by an Tour Agent. I have placed a pin in the correct location but it reflects as Pin B. I have also reported the pin on several occasions to Google Maps as inaccurate and asked the agent to remove it but have had no success yet. I will keep trying until I get a response. I hope you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Zuleika is what you would imagine a guest house in South Africa to be. The grounds are beautiful and the view of the mountains are stunning. The staff was very professional and the food was absolutely delicious. The room we stayed in (#5) was very nice. This is a lovely 4 star property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Zuleika C, Manager at Zuleika Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for the lovely review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will return to sunny South Africa in the near future and visit us again.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Dear Altie,

Thank you to you & your staff for making us so welcome. Lovely appointed accommodation in a beautiful setting with outstanding table. Would not hesitate to repeat the experience and look forward to seeing you very soon

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MvanderBerg
Zuleika C, Owner at Zuleika Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Meagan.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay, we are happy to hear that the service, rooms, meals and surroundings met all your expectations. We enjoyed having your family here over the weekend and we hope your son will enjoy Hoedspruit. We definitely look forward to your return.

Altie Scholtz