“Outstanding Experience”

Nyani Cultural Village
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Feel the rhythm of the African heart beat with the sound of the beating drums, in the colorful tribal dances and tastes of traditional aromatic African food. Awaken your senses at the Nyani Cultural Village.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My family and I visited in April and we LOVED every minute of it. We had an amazing time. Dancers perform some astonishing routines to fast beats of African drums. It is all well choreographed giving you an idea of several South African tribes and their traditions. The whole performance also has an educational character. Dancers and their lead Maureen are very sweet and welcoming. It is honestly worth of a visit at a bargain price. Please visit even if you are local South African. You'll love it!!! My husband and mother-in-law who come from neighbouring village consider this as a highlight of our holiday. If you are brave enough (I wasn't) , try some mopane worms for your lunch. Definitely an experience! Thank you very much for an amazing time and see you again one day!

All reviews
"routine"
"safari"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

The village is cosy and original. The surrounding gives you a feeling of the tribals and their way of living.
The dancers gives their best. Incredible how they can jump around and sing at the same time. The rhythm of the drums goes directly to your bones and makes you want to jump up and dance.
The costumes are colorful and original.
You must try this. Don’t miss it

Maureen L, Owner at Nyani Cultural Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you for these generous words Tonny. My team live to dance and dance to live, so your continued support and ongoing enthusiasm and appreciation of their passion to perform is so important to all of us. We thank you and hope to see you at Nyani on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We were looking for authenticity, this is a recreation of a village...they tell you the history of the peoples of the recreated village, but these are not authentic people living in an authentic village living an authentic life. ALthough the show was good, food was eh (skip lunch) the village Wart Hog was a treat.

1  Thank Audra B
Maureen L, Owner at Nyani Cultural Village, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Hello Audra, I am so sorry you were not informed in advance that we are not a grass roots experience.Our Nyani Cultural Village is designed to tell the history of the local Tribes; Their journeys, challenges and conflicts, through story telling, song and dance. For anyone reading this review it is essential that you know that all the Tribal Villages used for Tourism, are not actually inhabited by residents. I sincerely do not want future guests to have expectations and to leave disappointed because they were misled. Our Nyani Cultural Village Experience is educational, entertaining and informative. It is based on historical facts and hopefully brings to life the culture and customs of the local tribes in a safe and authentic setting. Please do not hesitate to contact me +27 83 785 5354 for more information.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Our time at Nyani was terrific!! We were there with a group of Rotary Exchange students and they were well into the singing and dancing. The performers, in a small village setting, put on an energetic and engaging show, telling of the migration and history of their tribe into the area, demonstrating customs and village life (one young man from the group got "married"), and helping us to understand their culture. It was delightfully entertaining and informative. At the end, we had a meal prepared by the women, eaten with fingers, and I actually tried one of the famous Mopani worms! The enthusiasm of the performers was catching and everyone ended up singing and dancing! This was a recommendation by the Lodge, and it was fine advice!

1  Thank celticantique
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Its not your local everyday show. It is a build up of many cultures and the true meaning of dance and story telling. Well worth visiting, meet the people share thier passion and join in a meal. Its all a worthy cause. I will be back time and time again. Do yourself a favor, if the people and culture of the people grab your interest then go to the village. And if it is not at the top of your list, still go , you will enjoy it. Thank you imagine africa safaris for recommending it and guiding us through our Safari. Your services come highly recommended.

1  Thank Richard v
Maureen L, Owner at Nyani Cultural Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Thank you so much Richard, this comment means so much to my team and even more to me. Although this project aims to provide a cultural experience for visitors to Limpopo, it also aims to up-skill and provide job opportunities for local artists in order to earn a sustainable income through performance. However, my team simply LOVE entertaining every guest that visits Nyani Cultural Village. Their passion is contagious and I am delighted that you felt it. I am so proud of each member of my group, for making you feel welcome and special, because you are. We really have a dynamic culture and interesting history, so thank you that you enjoyed the experience and have shared such a wonderful review with the world. Sincere thanks from myself and my team