Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Candice M

A dream trip and more!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 09 Jun 2024
Words cannot begin to describe how amazing Vuyani lodge is. They exceeded all our expectations and more! The lodge itself is beautiful and the landscape surroundings were amazing. The food for breakfast, lunch and dinner were all delicious with a great choice selection to suit everyone. What makes the lodge so special though is the staff…. The housekeeping team were efficient and very professional. The waiting staff were so friendly and remembered all our names and extremely attentive! A very special thanks to Alana/Alarna (sorry we aren’t sure on the spelling) - she is a huge credit to the lodge and really went out of her way for all the guests to make us feel at home and nothing was ever an issue. Also a HUGE thank you to our game drivers, Stephen and Solly. They genuinely made our trip the best it could have been. Every single game drive was amazing! They are extremely professional and informative at what they do. Not only did they make sure we saw every animal possible (and more) - but they taught us so much about the ecosystem and animals. Silly is a wealth of knowledge! The entire staff made us feel like family and we cannot wait to come back. Thankyou all for making a bucket list holiday the most memorable for us!
Date of stay: June 2024
Room Tip: If you plan on travelling from JNB or CPT, make the trip via plane to HDS airport. The lodge is a...
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    R 15 000
  • Trip.com
43.6 km from Vuyani Safari Lodge
View more hotels in Hoedspruit
All reviews presidential suite other guests hot tub the reserve honeymoon suites game drives day trip front of house plunge pool south africa off road elephant sanctuary every member of staff wild dogs new friends evening drive whole experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2024

I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS TRIP. If you are thinking about it- DO IT! My husband and I came for our honeymoon and it changed my life. I have never cried leaving a trip- but I sobbed like a baby when it came time to leave Vuyani. The service was impeccable. From the staff (Funky, Rose, Christoph and everyone else) to our beyond amazing, knowledgeable, thoughtful, caring, fun, & funny safari team JOHN AND PEACE!! Talk about the A TEAM! I will forever consider them family. They made sure we were able to see so many animals up close and personal, all without any shortage of laughs. The lodge was clean & comfortable & the food was amazing. I am a vegetarian and Rose made sure to make something special for me every meal. I can wait to visit Vuyani again some day.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2024 via mobile

This trip was a dream come true! I can't put into words how incredible it was. We stayed in Honeymoon Suite 2. Loved the room & private hot tub. The food was absolutely delicious at every meal. The 2 game drives were fantastic! We saw all Big 5 the 1st 2 days. Every drive we were in awe! Our driver & tracker, Aggy & Janny were the best! Not only were they good at finding all the wildlife, but were fun to talk to & answer all our questions. They definitely are the best! I highly recommend the Elephant Sanctuary tour. We got to interact & ride an elephant. We also had a driver from the resort take us into town for souvenirs & tshirts. We didn't do any other tours because we just enjoyed being at this beautiful resort with all the wonderful staff & people we got to meet from around the world. We definitely will be back!

Room tip: Bring warmer clothes, stay as long as you can because you won't wanna leave!
Reviewed 26 May 2024 via mobile

Wow wow wow! I can only echo the previous reviews. We certainly made the right choice . The service by all the staff is wonderful! We loved all the game drives where we saw loads of animals and enjoyed a couple of good excursions including the boat trip which I would recommend. The lodges are beautiful, we had PS1 and the animals even wonder round the lodges . The food is beautiful and varied and we met some wonderful people. Special call out to John and Peace our game driver and tracker. Would I come back?- definitely!

Reviewed 25 May 2024

I don’t know what more I can say about Vuyani that hasn’t already been said, but it bares repeating. Our grandson wanted to go on an African Safari for his special trip with us. I came across Vuyani in one of my many searches and it sounded wonderful and exactly what we were looking for. Little did we know it would exceed all our expectations. The room, the food, the view, the game drives and the staff made this trip magical. Our guide Uyai and Tracker Chris were amazing. Their expertise in tracking and the knowledge they shared about the animals took each game drive to another level. We also were able to easily set up additional activities with Pelisa and Elissa.
I highly recommend this beautiful lodge for couples or families. It is intimate and you quickly get to know your fellow adventurers.

Only Con: They need to provide some guidelines for tipping.

Room tip: We were there in early winter and the weather was perfect. We had only one 90 degree day and the rest fluctuated from mid 50s to about 80.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2024

I have been fortunate to visit Vuyani multiple times and it never ceases to deliver. The twice daily safaris provide the opportunity to see wildlife up close without disturbing their natural behaviour. Seeing lion cubs, cheetah, wild dogs, elephants - such a privilege. Sundowners offer the chance to chat about viewings and get to know fellow travelers.
The food is top notch and plentiful, and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The staff and management at Vuyani genuinely care about the environment as well as their guests.
The rooms are comfortable and high quality hotel standard. Sitting on the deck outside our room allowed us the very special experience of seeing multiple nyala drink from the plunge pool.
Thank you to all the team at Vuyani. I'll be back.

Room tip: Ask for HM3 or HM4 and you increase the chance to see wildlife outside your room!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends