See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night as a couple in winter 2013. Had a lovely time. There is a nice fireplace in the room. The room was spacious and neat. It is a self catering accommodation. They serve breakfast in the room which is nice. There was a guard on call for when our fire needed to be revived. Haven't gone back. Wouldn't mind to.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Queen K
Reviewed 28 December 2015

My husband and I spent a single night at Twin Rivers to attend a function in Pretoria. What a wonderful place, tucked away in a secure estate in one of the most scenic parts of Irene, just a few minutes’ drive from the inner city. The architecture of our accommodation was modern farmhouse, with every detail carefully planned and all the modern conveniences we could have wished for. Good quality bed linen, crockery and furniture. We loved our exclusive-use L-shaped “stoep” - complete with BBQ. Our Malawian host, Isaac, was professional and super friendly. We’d definitely stay there again and highly recommend this as a peaceful getaway from the city without the long drive : )

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2015

We stayed at Twin Rivers after a wedding nearby so we didn't get to spend much time there sadly because it was such a lovely B&B. Sue is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are amazing and nicely decorated (we had a lounge with DSTV and a big flat-screen TV, a nice little kitchen, a dining table area and a very nice bedroom and bathroom), the rates are reasonable in comparison to other guesthouses nearby, the security is great as it is in a security estate and the attention to detail is down to a tee: we had filter coffee, tea, home-made rusks, milk, wine, lovely L'Occitane shampoo, conditioner, body wash and moisturising cream, etc. It was also spotlessly clean, very quiet and peaceful and the surrounding area of Irene is really beautiful, with lots to do nearby. The only very small downsides were the strange, old-fashioned retractable door into the bathroom (even though there's lots of space for a normal door) and that the bedroom was light quite early in the morning as the blinds did not block out the light very effectively. Overall, I would definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2015

It's our third time staying here, we always book into Twin Rivers when we fly in from Oliver Tambo from overseas. It is a fantastic place with fantastic people. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. We love all the extra space of a lounge, dining table and your own outised braai area with a big table outside and several comfortable chairs. My husband and I have talked about it several times as we've stayed in a few five star B&B's in South Africa and not sure why Twin Rivers is only four stars as it is way better than anywhere else we have stayed in South Africa. Sue, Chix and Isaac always has a shile on their faces and nothing is too much too ask. Can't wair for our next stay.

Room tip: We always stay in the bottom room with our children as we have our own courtyard that way.
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed here whilst in SA on business and visiting family and friends. It was perfect (to the smallest detail) to use as a base. I was tired of hotels, buffets, restaurants and here I had a living rooms and equipped kitchen to invite people to visit me instead. Would highly recommend it to people visiting the area for the same reasons. Beautifully decorated and well-equipped apartment with absolutely everything we needed. Private patio and small garden. The staff is a gem, and owner was a fantastic and flexible host. Would love to stay here again on visits or when repatriating

Room tip: I stayed in an apartment downstairs with private garden/patio. The living room was big enough to place extra bedding on the view nights I needed it for my children sleeping over
Date of stay: August 2013