Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Afroze
Durban, South Africa

The Capital at Zimbali

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Jun 2024via mobile
Had a conference at Zimbali In Ballito and I was booked at The Capital.I loved the relaxed and inviting atmosphere at every turn at this hotel.My room was spacious with an incredible window seat and gorgeous view of the valley with the sea.In the mornings I heard the gentle lapping of the waves against the coast and was really impressed with my beautiful surroundings.Sleep was wonderful and do come with a massive appetite to the buffet breakfast.They have a custom halaal counter which is really important as a halaal guest at this hotel.Futhermore there is an extensive selection so come hungry!The spa was really fabulous and the ladies so helpful in helping me choose what treatment to have.A few criticism is that they have too few personnel at the spa so they cant accomodate more than that.On my final day I could not have a manicure because 3 of the therapists were busy.For this level of hotel more should be available.2ndly we should be able to give critique about our treatments without the therapist holding the book to our face.My therapist was not very friendly but very stony throughout the massage.She did her job but gave nothing more and having being to many spas this was lacking for me.I could not write this down in the comment book because she was standing right there with the book.Reviews should be anonymous.

Otherwise the hospitality was remarkable and exactly what you expect from a 5star resort.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Specifiy what room you would like,have your own car as Ballito is near by and other north coast...
Trip type: Travelled on business
    R 906
4.2 km from The Capital Zimbali
Restaurant
View more hotels in Ballito
All reviews beach club breakfast buffet is kids club load shedding beautiful place great stay room service facilities spa mirror vibes estate kzn loungers pools luxury sea
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2024

it was heaven to me, staff professionalism and very friendly. the food was amazing and wow the overall place wow

Date of stay: June 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2024

We stayed in one of the villas for Comrades weekend and I had the most amazing race thanks to comfortable accomodation and two nights of great sleep

Date of stay: June 2024
Reviewed 4 June 2024

With Zimbali being under new management with The Capital, the standard seems to have dropped in my opinion from what it was back then as Fairmont Zimbali. The quality of the rooms is not good. The toilet in my room was leaking which caused me to have an unsatisfactory stay. And there is a dewy smell within the rooms that is likely to be caused by humidity. Apart from that it is a great hotel with great amenities. It is just a shame that I could not enjoy most of them due to being inconvenienced by the toilet issue in my room.

Reviewed 28 May 2024

The place is well built to wow you from the moment you walk in. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Services and benefits are just too many mention here. You have so many dining options both in the hotel and around the estate. We truly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed 20 May 2024

the facilities in this hotel are exceptional. it is a beautiful property with great amenities- pools, golf course, beach club, you name it! but above all, was the staff. simply first class. always a smile and greeting, no request too much. competent and communicative. can't wait for my next vacation!

Date of stay: April 2024