See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Having a group of 11 friends over from the Netherlands for two weeks travelling in Southern Africa meant that I had to book well in advance. I also wanted to spoil them with intimate, good accommodation. Cedar Garden clearly lived up to this desire: large, well equipped rooms; lovely garden; excellent breakfast. What do you want more for your friends? Monica, Helga and staff, thanks for all the excellent services provided!

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We clearly booked a twin bedded room but there was some uncertainty on this when we arrived. Once the error had been spotted the afternoon receptionist, who was generally very helpful, was very good at sorting us out.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Lovely homestead close to the village yet very quiet. Friendly and helpful staff and owner. The relaxed atmosphere made me feel as if I was at home - if one needed something from the kitchen one could walk in and get it; cosy lounge. Good beds and bedding.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Very friendly staff, beautiful garden and a perfect place to begin your Sani Pass trip. A charming room with a comfortable bed.

We enjoyed the breakfast and the service. We didn't have to do anything by ourselves. The hostess was booked our dinner at a restaurant nearby and had a lot of good suggestions about what we could do in the region of Unterberg.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

During September 2017 I toured the Sani Pass and into Lesotho and needed a place close by. Cedar Gardens best fitted my requirements and upon my visit, I found the establishment to be just perfect. The friendly staff and clean facilities were fantastic. Thanks to Monica and her ever obliging team that made my stay so pleasant. If you are doing the Sani Pass tour, I recommend that you let Monica arrange with Stuart McClaine who is very knowledgeable of the area.

Room tip: The cottages next door to the main house with separate entrance is perfect
Date of stay: September 2017