“La loggia Broadwood and Portland”

La Loggia B&B and Gateway Apartments
Ranked #19 of 43 Umhlanga Rocks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I was informed on the day of my stay that the room I had booked with the sea view had a leaking bathroom n I had to downgrade but for the same price n then move to la loggia Portland the next day which I didn't quite like. However, Ingrid is great. The only thing I enjoyed was the pool area at Broadwood. Also safe parking and location is central to Gateway.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Loggia B&B and Gateway Apartments

Reviewed 29 August 2016

The location of the guesthouse is superb I felt safe arriving back late a night. My room while small was comfortable and the bathroom great. The breakfasts were good with a good selection and a cooked meal done to order

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I travel all over SA and this rates below terrible. I was 1st accused by the owner of not paying the full amount even when I sent her the invoice showing a zero balance. Then when my daughter & I arrived it was obvious that there was something wrong. The staff were very unfriendly and when I met the owner I was treated with disdain. My daughter even refused to go to breakfast on her own because of the hostility shown. This B + B needs to be reported to the Tourism Board!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank smollanai
Reviewed 16 August 2016

The lodge was very nice however we were not informed in advance that we would be sharing a bathroom, both my husband and I was very uncomfortable with the idea, if I knew, would have booked elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gasbiam
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Service was good. Price was good.
Safe area. The place is about 5mins to Umhlanga main beach by car. The owner Ingrid was friendly to us and checked on us twice. Although we were moved to La Loggia on 57 Herrwood Dr it was nt an inconvenience at all. Breakfast was okay. Great value!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends