“Busy, busy, busy”
Review of Mugg & Bean

Mugg & Bean
Ranked #74 of 135 Restaurants in Umhlanga Rocks
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Coffee Themed restaurant serving world class coffee, breakfast, lunch & dinner
Reviewed 20 March 2017

We went there for a lunch after some shopping. They were very busy and although there was a table available, it was right next to a pillar squeezed in between other tables. They were very busy, but there is barely enough space for the waiters to move between the tables. The food was as one would expect from a franchise - I had a BBQ burger and my husband had the Big Daddy Burger - with a chicken breast??? When we asked the waitress she said it is a chicken burger - with egg and bacon?? Anyway, he ate the burger. When i on line to make sure that it was correct, i found that it should have been a beef burger. It was not a pleasant experience with the number of people moving in and out of the restaurant and the attention from the waitress were minimal and one had the feeling that you should just eat and go - your table is needed for someone else. Sitting at the table i could look into the booths at the side and the seating really needs some revamp. The leather is frayed and torn and one could see that the sponge really had better days.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Week one....stopped by for a quick coffee. Service was friendly and coffee was great. Food we saw on other patrons tables looked good.

Week two...a lunch bite with our son as food looked good when we had our coffee previous week. Restaurant was busy which is a good sign, and atmosphere was enticing.

Various interesting items on the menu which looked inviting. Size of meal was large, presentation was good, but food had no taste. Bland bland bland. Does the chef actually know what he's preparing? Not one of the ingredients listed in the description shone through. I could have just as easily picked up something ready made in the supermarket and enjoyed it more. If I'm paying for a sit down meal, whatever the price point, I expect it to excel. Doesn't matter if it's a chain or not.

Big let down. Left disappointed. Sorry, does not get my vote and won't be back in a hurry.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Service was good. Food looked a bit sad. Salad was old, plates worn out. Pen scribbles on seats. My business associates were supposed to come but we told them not to. For the price we pay on the meals and drinks they could revamp or make it a bit more presentable.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Had a good meal. Mugg and Bean a safe bet for a snack or good meal. The operation does a good job at representing the franchise. Well done

Reviewed 8 January 2017

This is not your normal menue , there is lits of interesting things on the menue.
I love to go here as I can tast something different.
The Service is also good and thevfoidcfresh and well prepared.