“A perfect rendezvous!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Always on the lookout for a hearty wholesome bowl of ambrosial greens, I returned to this lovely franchise after previously enjoying a divine Niçoise salad at Tashas in Constantia in Cape Town.
Situated in the outside food court at Gateway Umhlanga, Tashas maintains its high quality standards in its setting as well as its food.
The ambitious menu of healthy hearty meals caters for all, but especially appeals to someone like me with a gargantuan appetite for good wholesome food!
This time I chose a Mediterranean seasoned Halloumi salad with pomegranate dressing, and from previous experience of the rather large portions, I opted for the half portion, which was a decent enough size.
They offer a vast selection of coffees and teas, as well as freshly-baked cakes and pastries which are always temptingly displayed under high glass domes.
They also have a wine list, and I was presented with a rather large “fishbowl” of Savignon Blanc when ordering wine by the glass, much to my delight!!
The prices are moderate, and the place always has a lovely atmosphere of people rendezvousing with family or friends.
I’m just waiting for a Tashas in PE now....

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Wanted to have lunch there, no one greeted me then when someone came to me, was unfriendly and unwelcoming, told me there was a que which I did not see. There seems to be 2 entrances. So I went next door to primi and was welcomed at the door. Should not take it out on their customers they have to work new years eve.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Great food, great atmosphere, great service, we regularly travel 40km to enjoy a chilled morning at Tashas.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

This is the 2nd time we visited this Tashas. As good as the 1st time. Fillet steak & mushroom sauce were out of this world! Compliments to the chef once again

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

It was 20h30, raining and the restaurant doors were closed so I was not really sure if they were still accepting customers. I should have taken that as a sign.
I sat down and was rapidly given 2 different menus, both had food options, just different options, then I sat, sat, sat, waved at the staff, sat a bit more, looked at the ceiling to discover it had a huge hole in it, waved again at the staff. Watched the staff buzz around avoiding eye contact, counted that there was 5 tables occupied. Eventually someone realized I wanted to order something.
The food was good and once they finally took my order came out quite quickly.
This place will be a good laugh at Christmas as it will be full of irritated & demanding Joburgers, the staff will be busy avoiding eye contact, so something will give and that should be good entertainment. Famous Brands should stick to fast foods joints.