Lowest prices for your stay
US$112
Free cancellation until 21/09/18
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$111
Agoda.com
US$97
Hotels.comUS$111
eDreamsUS$112
Trip.comUS$114
All reviews guest house king shaka airport gateway shopping centre claire umhlanga cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Private and exlusive transfer done from this great B&B that has great sea view while clients rest there one night before being charted off next day to Thula Thula Private Game Reserve thats 2hours 30min 185km drive, clients raved how great breakfast and staff were while traveling with me.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2018

One of the best place to stay in the Umhlanaga area. Nice rooms and a good view of sea. Near to the main part of Umhlanga where one can look for good restaurants and bars. Once you are back the place is peaceful and calm.

Date of stay: June 2018
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for the lovely review, everyone dreams of being called "the best', so thank you very much.
We look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days while attending a conference. Wonderful people - nothing is too much trouble. Breakfasts are served on a verandah overlooking the Indian Ocean. The cooked breakfast options were served quickly and were well prepared. The room was very comfortable - roomy, well appointed.

If you are in this neck of the woods, I highly recommend this guesthouse.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you Francios for the review, they are always greatly appreciated. And thank you for the recommendation. I am happy to hear you were comfortable here, and hopefully if work (or leisure) brings you this side again, you will get to welcome you here. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

The owner of this Guest House, Claire, is very friendly.
We had a great time here.
we enjoyed the breakfast and to cool down in the pool!
The beach is in a walking distance and the House stays in a very nice and safe area.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you Manuela for the review, apologies only responding now!! The pool is definitely refreshing in April, especially after a walk home from the beach/restaurants. Hopefully if you ever this side of the world again we will get to see you again. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Claire and her team have to be the best hosts I have ever encounted, throughout all my travels around the world.
I was welcomed late at night on my arrival and greeted with a great breakfast early next morning ..... and every morning thereafter for 12 days
After 8 nights I extended my stay for a further 4 nights due to the excellent accommodation and service received
Such a comfortable, friendly environment to relax and spend my holiday
The guesthouse is in walking distance to all amenities in Umhlanga, as well as the beach ....perfect location
Communication during and post my stay was exceptional
Thank you Claire, Pretty,Sia, and Zandile and especially Duke and Jessie for your companionship ( think I was part of the family by the time I left )

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thanks Jos

You definitely were part of the family here... And we always miss the people so much when they stay a long time, it is like saying good bye to family.
Jess and Duke miss the companionship too, no one to play rough with the Duke Monster :)