Lavender Moon
Protea Hotel Durban Umhlanga(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$191
  • Pool
AHA Gateway Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$106
Agoda.com
Royal Palm Hotel(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$93
US$117
US$101
  • Breakfast included
The Oyster Box(Umhlanga Rocks)
US$350
US$275
US$94
US$91
Agoda.com
City Lodge Hotel Umhlanga Ridge(Umhlanga Rocks)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$120
Beverly Hills(Umhlanga Rocks)
US$402
Teremok Marine(Umhlanga Rocks)
US$165
All reviewsguest house isquiet areab brooms are largeumhlanga ridgenext morningevery morningclaireguesthouseaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I read the good reviews on Tripadvisor and booked a one night stay for a short business trip. Tripadvisor was highly accurate in their stated rating - glad to have visited. Thank you to Claire and team.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thanks Ivor,

It was lovely having you here, even just for a night. I love learning something new from my guests.. And your farming was so interesting to hear about.

We look forward to having you again next time you in Durban. And I will pass on the thank you to my team.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed here just before the Comrades Marathon. Claire was an amazing host and ensured that our stay was top notch. Nothing is too much trouble for Claire. The rooms were clean, comfortable and first class. The food was amazing and the feel of the accommodation was very relaxing. On my departure Claire had prepared a pack for after the race that was full of thoughtful gifts accompanied by motivational quotes and pictures. It would have been very time consuming to put together and I was very humbled by this act of kindness. I'll be back for certain, you won't get a better experience than this. Outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stan F
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you Stan for the amazing review. It is when people leave as happy as you are that make me love my job even more. And help us stay motivated to keep up the same level of service.
It will only be our pleasure to have you stay here again for next years Comrades.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Great place to stay at if you are passing by the area - nice rooms, common area and pool.

The owner was extremely helpful as well, and helped with arranging dinners and transfers. She even did some research for us that saved us quite a lot of money.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thanks for the review Carl. Glad I could help, know when we travel saving every penny can put the pennies on something more valuable
It was lovely having you here, just a pity it was so short.
But the doors are always open if you ever come this side again.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Thanks Claire for making our stay so relaxing and perfect! And thanks to Siya, Lydia, Sandile and Pretty (hopefully I have the names right) for servicing our rooms everyday! You guys are AMAZING!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Hi Sarah,

I am so glad you guys all had a perfect and relaxing stay. Our goal is always to make sure our guests feel at home, and only home can be relaxing :)
Hope we see you again soon on your next trip to South Africa.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

My stay with my husband was very wonderful. We would go back a million times, brilliant staff with great service. Well done guys..

This is the best place for everyone, would recommend to people to try it for these holidays.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you for the lovely review. I do hope we see you a million times more :).
And love hearing the staff are brilliant, I will be sure to pass on the message to them.