All reviews guest house is quiet area rooms are large umhlanga ridge accommodation
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed here just before the Comrades Marathon. Claire was an amazing host and ensured that our stay was top notch. Nothing is too much trouble for Claire. The rooms were clean, comfortable and first class. The food was amazing and the feel of the accommodation was very relaxing. On my departure Claire had prepared a pack for after the race that was full of thoughtful gifts accompanied by motivational quotes and pictures. It would have been very time consuming to put together and I was very humbled by this act of kindness. I'll be back for certain, you won't get a better experience than this. Outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stan F
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you Stan for the amazing review. It is when people leave as happy as you are that make me love my job even more. And help us stay motivated to keep up the same level of service.
It will only be our pleasure to have you stay here again for next years Comrades.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Great place to stay at if you are passing by the area - nice rooms, common area and pool.

The owner was extremely helpful as well, and helped with arranging dinners and transfers. She even did some research for us that saved us quite a lot of money.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thanks for the review Carl. Glad I could help, know when we travel saving every penny can put the pennies on something more valuable
It was lovely having you here, just a pity it was so short.
But the doors are always open if you ever come this side again.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Thanks Claire for making our stay so relaxing and perfect! And thanks to Siya, Lydia, Sandile and Pretty (hopefully I have the names right) for servicing our rooms everyday! You guys are AMAZING!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Hi Sarah,

I am so glad you guys all had a perfect and relaxing stay. Our goal is always to make sure our guests feel at home, and only home can be relaxing :)
Hope we see you again soon on your next trip to South Africa.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

My stay with my husband was very wonderful. We would go back a million times, brilliant staff with great service. Well done guys..

This is the best place for everyone, would recommend to people to try it for these holidays.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you for the lovely review. I do hope we see you a million times more :).
And love hearing the staff are brilliant, I will be sure to pass on the message to them.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I am a UK citizen and been working in SA for the past 6 months, stayed in many guesthouses, B&B's and hotels in Jozi and Durban. I have to say that this, by far is the best place I have stayed. We arrived on Tuesday afternoon after an 18 hour total travel time from Glasgow and we were welcomed by Claire(the host). She made sure that everything was in order, helped us with our bags. The rooms are lovely and spacious and nicely decorated, Air Con works great and the bathrooms are clean.

Next morning, when we had breakfast, I had mentioned that the internet had switched off the night before and Claire advised that she was on PAYG until her Fibre was installed and not to worry about it and use it to our hearts content. This was very reassuring as we had travelled from the UK, we had to use Skype to call back home.

The breakfast is freshly cooked every morning with a great choice and cannot be faulted. They even made a special breakfast for my 2 year old daughter.

The location is great, safe and secure, close to both Gateway Mall and Umhlanga Village which has many many restaurants.

I had read her reviews before booking the accommodation and thought it must be her friends and family writing these reviews as they were so positive but after staying there I can see why.

Keep up the great work Claire, you are an ambassador for Umhlanga and South Africans everywhere!!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are stunning in the morning!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ShahidAli7
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

This is terrible, I thought I had responded to your review Shahid. I can even remember some of my response, but see here it is not... But thank you for the lovely review!! We all loved having you and your family here and I was sorry I couldn't accommodate you longer. I hope you have met other wonderful South Africans during your stay.
Our wifi is all up[ and running and is much better now, thank goodness. :)
We hope next time you need a place to stay here in Umhlanga you come here again.