All reviews guest house is quiet area rooms are large umhlanga ridge accommodation
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Thanks Claire for making our stay so relaxing and perfect! And thanks to Siya, Lydia, Sandile and Pretty (hopefully I have the names right) for servicing our rooms everyday! You guys are AMAZING!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Hi Sarah,

I am so glad you guys all had a perfect and relaxing stay. Our goal is always to make sure our guests feel at home, and only home can be relaxing :)
Hope we see you again soon on your next trip to South Africa.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

My stay with my husband was very wonderful. We would go back a million times, brilliant staff with great service. Well done guys..

This is the best place for everyone, would recommend to people to try it for these holidays.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

Thank you for the lovely review. I do hope we see you a million times more :).
And love hearing the staff are brilliant, I will be sure to pass on the message to them.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I am a UK citizen and been working in SA for the past 6 months, stayed in many guesthouses, B&B's and hotels in Jozi and Durban. I have to say that this, by far is the best place I have stayed. We arrived on Tuesday afternoon after an 18 hour total travel time from Glasgow and we were welcomed by Claire(the host). She made sure that everything was in order, helped us with our bags. The rooms are lovely and spacious and nicely decorated, Air Con works great and the bathrooms are clean.

Next morning, when we had breakfast, I had mentioned that the internet had switched off the night before and Claire advised that she was on PAYG until her Fibre was installed and not to worry about it and use it to our hearts content. This was very reassuring as we had travelled from the UK, we had to use Skype to call back home.

The breakfast is freshly cooked every morning with a great choice and cannot be faulted. They even made a special breakfast for my 2 year old daughter.

The location is great, safe and secure, close to both Gateway Mall and Umhlanga Village which has many many restaurants.

I had read her reviews before booking the accommodation and thought it must be her friends and family writing these reviews as they were so positive but after staying there I can see why.

Keep up the great work Claire, you are an ambassador for Umhlanga and South Africans everywhere!!!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are stunning in the morning!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ShahidAli7
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

This is terrible, I thought I had responded to your review Shahid. I can even remember some of my response, but see here it is not... But thank you for the lovely review!! We all loved having you and your family here and I was sorry I couldn't accommodate you longer. I hope you have met other wonderful South Africans during your stay.
Our wifi is all up[ and running and is much better now, thank goodness. :)
We hope next time you need a place to stay here in Umhlanga you come here again.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Claire and her team are exceptional. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. We felt at home from the time we arrived and I was made to feel very special on my birthday. The breakfast was unique and we even requested the same on our second morning. The guest house is in a wonderful location and is so convenient for the airport, the beach, restaurants and for the ladies...shopping! Any visit to Natal will have to start and end at Lavender Moon for us as we fly up from the Cape.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Thank you Heather, I am glad we could make you feel even half as special as you are. It was wonderful having you and your husband here, and wait to see the photos of the breakfast when you try it :)
We all look forward to welcoming you back here.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

I had the pleasure of staying at Lavendermoon for 5 extremely comfortable nights. The owner Clair and her staff offer the highest of standards, service,cleanliness and comfort.

The bed and breakfast has 4 beautiful bedrooms, I actually requested the smallest one at the back because it is my favourite, full large bathroom and a very comfortable luxurious room with every thing in it you could possible need. The other 3 rooms are much larger with sea views.

I can honestly say this is the best B&B in Durban!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Thanks Juliette, it was great having you here, and you soon started to feel like you just belonged here and was sad to say good bye!!
It was lovely meeting you and hope you get sent back here soon..