Hotels.com
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I had the pleasure of staying at Lavendermoon for 5 extremely comfortable nights. The owner Clair and her staff offer the highest of standards, service,cleanliness and comfort.

The bed and breakfast has 4 beautiful bedrooms, I actually requested the smallest one at the back because it is my favourite, full large bathroom and a very comfortable luxurious room with every thing in it you could possible need. The other 3 rooms are much larger with sea views.

I can honestly say this is the best B&B in Durban!!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Thanks Juliette, it was great having you here, and you soon started to feel like you just belonged here and was sad to say good bye!!
It was lovely meeting you and hope you get sent back here soon.. 😉

Reviewed 8 September 2016

By far the best B&B I have ever stayed at. From the extremely friendly and welcoming staff, to a big, clean and really comfortable environment. From a delectable and unique restaurant-quality breakfast, to an unbelievable human of an owner. I would recommend Lavender Moon to anyone!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Aaaw!! Thanks TracyLee, we all loved having you here, and cant wait to have you again.
Thank you for the awesome review.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

By far the most friendly welkom and hospitality we have had in SA ( and nearly all our other experiences, 17 in a month, were nice as well)
I only can speak in superlatives about the rooms, the beds in special (I finally can sleep with my feeds " inside"), clean/new sheets etc etc. The livingroom and the veranda are even nicer then on the websited and are recently upgraded.

Claire is really fantastic and we felt directly home. She could be a friend for already a very long time. Her staff is enthousiastic as well which you can see in cleanliness and and friendliness.
Unfortunatly we only stayed for 2 days.

We wish Clair and her staff all the best for the future.
Big hug,
P,W,M&S
The Netherlands

Room tip: 2 of the 4 rooms have seasight.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Claire C, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Hi Davids Family,
It was lovely having you all here, and 2 days was too short. It is definitely the hardest part of this job is saying good bye to guests that become like family.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay here, and felt at home.
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in SA and got home safe.
We hope to see you again some time.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

I recently had the good fortune to be unable to find a room at any of the local hotels in Durban or the surrounding region due to a large conference that was taking place in the city. Turning to the list of B&B i selected Lavender Moon and had a simply fabulous experience. Claire your host greets you upon arrival and makes you feel immediately at home. The rooms are perfect with your own bathroom and breakfast served out on the terrace overlooking Durban harbor and the Indian Ocean is simply a sight not to be missed. The team at Lavender Moon go above and beyond to make sure your stay goes smoothly and this allows you to focus on why you are in Durban either on business or pleasure.

Next time you are headed into Durban make sure you check availability at the Lavender Moon. you will not be disappointed. Thank you Claire for making my stay so enjoyable!!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Claire225c, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thanks Alan,
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. We always strive to make our guests feel at home. We want everyone to feel that they come back, not only as a guest but as a friend as well.
We look forward to having you back here some day.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I have stayed in a number of BnB's in Umhlanga for work, but Lavender moon (formerly A'Viletta Guest House" is by far my favourite. The staff are all extremely friendly, the breakfasts are delicious, the rooms are always superb and all in all one really gets that "home away from home" feeling when staying here. I will definitely be coming to stay here every time I am in Umhlanga area.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Claire225c, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Thanks Cameron.
I am so glad it has the home away from home feeling, it is my goal to keep it that way.
We always love welcoming guests back and look forward to having you here again.