All reviews guest house is quiet area rooms are large restaurants and bars umhlanga ridge every morning next morning claire guesthouse accommodation
Reviewed 9 November 2015

I can't recommend this B&B highly enough. Maria is a charming and attentive hostess. The rooms are well appointed and spotless. The breakfasts are varied and delicious. It is no wonder this establishment has so many regular customers. She went out of her way to offer us a sea-facing room and the service here cannot be faulted. Sorry Maria, it's taken me so long to write this review. We are very happy back in Durban. We got off to a very good start by staying with you.

Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Yogajoga
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Came to Aviletta with my girks beginning of October and we were so impressed! Received the best treatment from Maria and the ladies, we really didnt want to go home! We will definitely be back! Great rooms, very clean, beautiful view of Umhlanga and the food AMAZING! :)

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kele_Mo12
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I have stayed at 'a Viletta a few times in 2015 on my frequent visits to Umhlanga/Durban. The rooms are very comfortable (with large beds). The house and car park is secure. The breakfast is good and there are many lunch/dinner options in the Umhlanga Rocks area (5 minutes). I can highly recommend 'a Viletta for a stay in Umhlanga/Durban.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Christian_Sperka
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had a wonderful 2 nights stay here while in Durban for work. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere that allows you to unwind, and was the best 2 nights sleep I have had in weeks.

The breakfast is also amazing! My first morning there I was surprised with a breakfast burger, which tastes even better than it sounds!

Maria and her staff are also incredibly welcoming and helpful, and their personal touches and friendly manor helps round off a great stay.

This will definitely be my preferred accommodation when in Durban in future.

Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank David_Hobson_ZA
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I along with our 4 children (ages 18,10,5,2) recently visited South Africa from Philadelphia and spent 18 nights at a Viletta. I searched for accommodation for several months and spoke to several people but just couldn't find something that totally suited our needs. I was a bit apprehensive about staying at a B&B with the children but after speaking to Maria on the phone I felt at ease and confident that a Viletta was going to be able to meet our needs.

Maria and her staff were just amazing during our entire stay. We loved the morning breakfasts on the balcony overlooking the ocean. It was a beautiful setting matched with a great breakfast every morning. Maria was very attentive to any request we had and did whatever she could to make our stay more comfortable. We felt like we were being hosted by family as opposed to staying at a B&B. My kids loved Maria and the staff and still speak of them weeks after our return.

We highly recommend a Viletta for your next stay. Its close to many great attractions for the entire family, great restaurants and malls close by as well.

Date of stay: July 2014