“Relaxing, welcoming and a great host”
Review of Lavender Moon

Lavender Moon
Ranked #17 of 43 Umhlanga Rocks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Myself and two daughters (1 and 4) stayed at Lavender Moon for two weeks and had such a wonderful time. We had family occupying two of the other rooms and it was lovely that we could all feel relaxed and enjoy the guesthouse together. The owner, Claire went above and beyond to meet our needs and was so very welcoming. My children and sister's children adored her as she was so helpful and made an effort to get to know them and play with them so well. The staff were also very friendly, helpful and also were very good with the children.

Our room (suite 3) was very spacious, as were all the rooms, well equipped, clean, and extremely comfortable - Claire ensured that the children were well catered for also by supplying a single bed for my four year old and travel cot for the baby, everything had been well thought out and taken care of. The bathroom was clean, spacious and perfect for what we needed.

One of the best things about our stay were the delicious breakfasts - everyday there was a lovely selection of fruit, yogurts, cereals (including the best homemade granola), and juices for us to help ourselves too, we were then brought out a hot breakfast which was something different each day, my favourites were the breakfast burger and the pancakes. All of this was made even more special by being able to enjoy it by the balcony with a great view of the sea.

Overall I cannot rate this guesthouse enough, the whole family thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the service we received was second to none and far more personable than any chain hotel would ever be. It is certainly a place I would recommend to anyone. As we have family in South Africa, we will definitely be going again and staying at Lavender Moon - looking forward to seeing you then Claire!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Claire225c, Owner at Lavender Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

We missed all of you when you had left, breakfasts were so quiet again.
We loved having your family here and look forward to having you here every time you back in Durban.
Hope the girls are doing well. Cant wait to see how much they will have grown by the time you all come back.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

I can't recommend this B&B highly enough. Maria is a charming and attentive hostess. The rooms are well appointed and spotless. The breakfasts are varied and delicious. It is no wonder this establishment has so many regular customers. She went out of her way to offer us a sea-facing room and the service here cannot be faulted. Sorry Maria, it's taken me so long to write this review. We are very happy back in Durban. We got off to a very good start by staying with you.

Stayed: April 2015
1  Thank Yogajoga
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Came to Aviletta with my girks beginning of October and we were so impressed! Received the best treatment from Maria and the ladies, we really didnt want to go home! We will definitely be back! Great rooms, very clean, beautiful view of Umhlanga and the food AMAZING! :)

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kele_Mo12
Reviewed 27 May 2015

I have stayed at 'a Viletta a few times in 2015 on my frequent visits to Umhlanga/Durban. The rooms are very comfortable (with large beds). The house and car park is secure. The breakfast is good and there are many lunch/dinner options in the Umhlanga Rocks area (5 minutes). I can highly recommend 'a Viletta for a stay in Umhlanga/Durban.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Christian S
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had a wonderful 2 nights stay here while in Durban for work. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere that allows you to unwind, and was the best 2 nights sleep I have had in weeks.

The breakfast is also amazing! My first morning there I was surprised with a breakfast burger, which tastes even better than it sounds!

Maria and her staff are also incredibly welcoming and helpful, and their personal touches and friendly manor helps round off a great stay.

This will definitely be my preferred accommodation when in Durban in future.

• Stayed: July 2014
1,6 km away
Tesorino B&B
Tesorino B&B
#10 of 43 in Umhlanga Rocks

Been to Lavender Moon? Share your experiences!