“Lovely menu, everything fresh”

ferrucci classical bakery
Cuisines: International
Description: This New Eatery In Grenada Cente Umhlanga Rocks Natal
Description: This New Eatery In Grenada Cente Umhlanga Rocks Natal
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

This very unassuming little bakery/restaurant was a pleasant surprise! (besides the nostalgic feeling that it gave us of Europe), the menu was simple yet exciting - nothing extravagant but had everything you could want.

We had breakfast (late breakfast at midday), my husband had the ciabatta breakfast (bacon, egg, Brie cheese) and I had the French toast with seasonal fruit and a berry compote.

We were impressed! Everything was so fresh - from the ciabatta to the seasonal fruit.

Service was also great!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

I have been to the place a number occasions over the past two years. The food remains reasonable however over the past few months the kitchen takes forever to supply food . Even something as simple as a poached egg on toast can take twenty minutes and this is not at time when all the tables are full. This small coffee shop and bakery used to be good however management of the kitchen and waiters seems to have slipped. There is a lot of competition around and they need to take note.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

This is the most amazing thing ever. Sweet chili chicken, salted halloumi on a bed of salad. And to balance the scale off they have the most decadent milo milkshake to die for. Most definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Sabbatini1
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We popped in here for Sunday breakfast as it had been recommended – situated in a busy plaza with mainly outdoor seating a visit in good weather is recommended – they have a comprehensive menu with some nice sounding health options – my partner had an open salmon and avo croissant – a small portion but very tasty – I am an eggs Benedict aficionado and my order was at first problematic – the eggs were hard and not soft as ordered but to their credit this was promptly corrected also the muffin was large and had been halved with the salmon as a bottom layer and the eggs perched on top of the upper slice with a drizzle of hollandaise sauce – I would have preferred just the one slice of muffin but then I am a fussy eater! – this is also a bakery and we left with some excellent brownies for afternoon tea – good for a visit for breakfast, brunch and lunch – I would go back for a second try.

1  Thank GDay1044
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

We started getting tired of your usual bacon and egg breakfast so we opted for a more healthier option. We ordered their muesli and yoghurt with coffee. We were pleasantly surprised as the fruit we extremely fresh and consisted of a variety of fruits. The Muesli bars which came with it was so tasty and different from the usual heap of muesli. The waiter was very friendly and we were served in no time. There are however a limited amount of seating but it is definitely worth the wait. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Gary A