All reviews a bit pricey comfortable stay rondavel caters venue waterfront
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Where to even start?

On arrival on the Friday 7th September; We booked into a room and then moved because the Room apparently the door doesn't lock.

You state free Wifi online which did not stated it is restricted to the lobby, there is NO WIFI IN THE ROOMS.

Coffee sachets are provided but enough for one person and when you ask the Receptionist about it; an abrupt answer was "We will provide", not an apology or anything of the sort.

We have go and have breakfast on the Saturday morning and as we are dishing up our food, the lady seats another person at our table, yet we were clearly there 5 minutes ago and our coffee was on the table and had not even gotten cold yet.

Saturday afternoon after being out I returned to the room and in an attempt to have a shower in a rush as I had a wedding to attend, I noticed no Towels where to be found. I ask the Receptionist for Towels and she said Housekeeping will bring them, I waited 10 minutes and nothing so I then went to the Housekeeping lady across us to ask for Towels who then arranged them for me.

Sunday morning my Fiance & I go and have breakfast and the staff on duty are so rude and abrupt, no body bothered to say Good Morning or even smile at you.

Sunday afternoon we noticed the additional coffee sachets we received on Friday had been taken away and we then asked for More and we never received anything.

There is one person out of everyone that was very helpful and friendly and her name was Felicia/Felicity, the rest of the staff seem to be rude and abrupt which is very unpleasant.

The bottom line is my Fiance and I would much rather book somewhere else in the near future.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paige C, Guest Relations Manager at Splendid Inn Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Ms Howard

Many thanks for your review and your email, please accept my sincere and profuse apologies for the many service related challenges that you experienced whilst residing at Splendid Inn Bayshore. I have responded to your email with action to be taken going forward to resolve the shortcomings you have noted.

Should you require any assistance, please kindly contact me.

Regards
Justin Maurel

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

The front office staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in one of the outside rooms, but I found it to be quite noisy. The noise seems to echo along the walkway and you can here the doors opening and closing throughout the night.
It is a plain and simple setup that is sufficient for a night or two.
I did not eat there as I found that a breakfast at R165 to be a bit pricey for me.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Paige C, Guest Relations Manager at Splendid Inn Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Good day Lauren,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, it is greatly appreciated.

I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that you found the rooms that surrounded you a bit noisy.

I do hope that you will return again to our property in the near future. Please during your next stay enjoy a breakfast at the property, you will not regret it.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Maya Angelou said, "Nothing happens unless you do". All employees view services as a calling, making it happen at all levels. The location, rooms and amenities are plentiful and caters for all tastes.

Room tip: For me service is most important.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ramlachanprem
Paige C, Guest Relations Manager at Splendid Inn Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Good day,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

This is a tidy very comfortable room. The rooms are kept clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
We had a good stay. The only problem we had was that it was very noisy from about 08:00 in the morning.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank annak17257
Christa P, Public Relations Manager at Splendid Inn Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Anna. Thank you for feedback received - we are glad to hear that you were impressed by the friendly staff and cleanliness. Please will you email me your detail so we can investigate which room you were in and why you had the discomfort of early morning noise. We do apologise for this inconvenience, Kind regards, Justin Maurel. justin.m@premierhotels.co.za

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Quaint little hotel next to the Richard. Very comfortable. Outstanding food quality. No traffic in the area, very quiet. Close to the beach and the Waterfront. I stayed in a Rondavel which is a novel experience. Wi-Fi in the room wasn't available but maybe there is Wi-Fi in the main Hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom light didn't work, some minor repairs necessary. TV didn't work but that improves the peace!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank CleeveR2
Paige C, Guest Relations Manager at Splendid Inn Bayshore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Good day Cleeve,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our rooms to your expectations. I apologize that there were a few maintenance issues during your stay. I will get our maintenance team on it right away to rectify.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.