See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 March 2016

We found the room very cluttered. Yes there are loads of antiques in the home, you really feel like you are trespassing into somebodies home. The furniture is very dark and heavy, but fantastically clean, sparkling actually. I would dread to have small, inquisitive fingers here! We were given no information on arrival and the lighting in the room was very dark, the safe in our room didn't work, and although promised it would be fixed was still faulty when we left next morning, I have slept in more comfortable beds. Also our room overlooked a noisy main road so we didn't step outside. I found the bathroom, which was only separated from the bed room by a half height glass wall very uncomfortable as well. It was the best available in Richard's Bay, and suited us for a stop over.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2016

I think this is arguably one of the best guest houses not only in Richard's Bay but in South Africa. I loved everything about it. It has a wonderful homely and executive touch on it. The location is great- away from town and in a quiet suburb. The guest house is uniquely decorated with an excellent Victorian touch. We booked the family room which is fairly big, has two bedrooms, is very clean and wonderfully decorated. I am speechless with the nice bathrooms. The TVs in the rooms are on the smaller side but have an excellent channel selection. Wi-Fi is available in the rooms with fast internet. The breakfast was homely and great! The staff were wonderful and always helpful. The outside pool is remarkable and water was heated. All this at a very reasonable price. I would not hesitate to recommend this guest house. When looking for a place to stay in Richard's Bay- look no further- just book Aristo Manor.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Caspian C
Reviewed 17 January 2016

A small but nice B&B which offers a good room for the odd night however with perhaps too many shortfalls for longer stays. The rooms and indeed the whole place is rather darkly furnished and showing signs of better days and needing some upgrading to deliver on its promise of the 4 stars rating. The pool was closed and we were not told about the wifi upon arrival (though the code was in the book in the room), nor were we told about anything around for that matter. The patio for the room we had was rather nice and well accommodated however it was facing a rather busy main road so not so good. Overall it is one of the better choice in the area. Just manage your expectations as it's comfortable rather than luxurious

Room Tip: Ask for a f not facing room away from the main road
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2015

Went on business trip for 5 days. The guest house has great victorian type decor. The house and rooms are very clean and comfortable. Chocolates are left on your pillow every night and the manageress and staff are very helpful. Breakfast is good with a spread of yoghurt, cereal, fruit juice, eggs, toast, bacon, sausages, etc. The only downfall is that supper is offered adjacent to this guest house (think it's family linked businesses) called Woodpecker. Food is not great and service is very slow (over 1,5 hrs to get your meal) so we ate at the Waterfront for the remainder of our stay which worked out perfect. (Porky's and Mariner's was excellent delicious food and service was great). Overall great stay at Aristo Manor.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica298
CMyburgh, Guest Relations Manager at Aristo Manor Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2015

Hi Jessica

Thank you so much for your positive review and constructive feedback. We greatly appreciate it.
Our humble apologies for your negative experience at the restaurant at Woodpecker Inn. We will definitely look into this. As you have noted it is a family business but both are managed separately. We are currently looking at options for dinners at the Aristo Manor Guest House for next year. In the meantime just so you know, a banting shop and wellness spa will be opening right next to Aristo Manor Guest House.

We look forward to your return in the future :)

Reviewed 21 November 2015

I had a lovely stay at Aristo Manor. The rooms are indeed stately and spacious with heavy dark furniture and each room decorated differently. I only saw the receptionist and the ladies serving breakfast and did not see the owner. I stayed in the front room facing the gate, to avoid the traffic noise levels of the rooms facing one of the the main roads. I also chose to only have breakfast on the first day and was glad I did. I was not impressed with the limited variety on offer, especially in view of the steep price paid for breakfast. Having stayed over at a lovely guest house in Empangeni before staying over in Richards bay - I could not help but make comparisons with the breakfast and the variety on offer I had for half the price. Will I stay there again?? Not too sure - will probably try and see what other establishments in the area have to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are a bit more quieter than those facing the main busy road.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank theroncee

Hi Theroncee

Thank you so much for your review.

We pride ourselves in providing superior accommodation and we are very sorry to hear that your stay wasn't what you expected. We would like to ask that you please let us know what you would have preferred to be on offer for breakfast? We generally have a cold and hot selection on offer for the same price. We love hearing constructive feedback from our guests, it helps us provide you with a more pleasurable experience.

We look forward to your response :)