Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/05/13
PricelineUS$134
Expedia.comUS$120
Agoda.comUS$135
All reviews hotel is located curry went the extra mile bed was comfortable enjoyed my stay pmb supper accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2020

Room was dirty, only one towel. half a loo roll. Hotel is run down. Furniture is old. Damp evident. Service was poor. Reception not manned. Hand sanitiser at reception was empty. Staff not wearing masks. No breakfast buffet as advertised.

Date of stay: December 2020
Management response:Responded 18 January 2021

Dear Sir.

Thank you for your review of Redlands Hotel. We value all feedback and look at everything when we have dropped the ball so we can try and improve. COVID has thrown serious operating issues at us. I would like to clarify a few things. On the evening of your second night, I recieved a call from my staff to say you were unhappy. I was there withing 10 minutes to meet you and listen to your concerns.

Your main concern was that there were not enough towls in the room. Our rooms are made up with the required towls etc for the number of guests. Should additional items be needed, they can be arranged. You were not happy that we did not supply a top sheet with the duvet. This is a standard we adopted years ago. We do have top sheets available on request. My staff member asked if you would be happy to put it on yourself as most guests want the rooms left alone with minimal conatct with staff due to to COVID. You were not at all happy about this and so I personally went and made the bed for you. My staff had not replenished all the aminities and bath mat and hand towl. We replenish items on request to minimise interaction with staff and guests. I am sorry if this was not conveyed to you. We certainly should have replaced items that we took out and this was not done. I apolgised about this and have adressed it with my staff.

The wall mounted hand sanitizer did not have a refill as this was on back order. There was hand sanitizer at reception in a botttle and an additional wall mounted sanitizer less than 10 meters away. My staff memebr did not wear his mask when dealing with you but this was from behind the reception counter and the perspex shield. All other staff do wear masks and I have have adressed the ones working at reception. Due to COVID, we are not allowed to run buffets. The main hotel recieved a major refurb midway through 2019. Due to Covid, this past year has truly been about survival. I agree that there is always room for improvement and when the situation permits, we have some fantastic plans to make some changes but just as you are entiteld to post a review, I can also post my response. I recieved this review as I got home after sorting out the issues that you mentioned. I really had hoped that my explaination and actions at the time would have helped remedy your concerns. I truly do not believe that the actions of my staff nor the condition of the hotel warranted the review you gave. Best wishes. Paul-General Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2020

Accommodation was excellent. Bed was comfortable and room very spacious. Food was extremely timely. When supper arrived, pasta should have been classified as soup and chocolate brownie should have been called a rock. Plan extra time ahead when ordering breakfast.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Redlands_Hotel, General Manager at Redlands Hotel and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Thank you very much for taking th etime to review Redlands. I will certainly follow up regarding the concerns about the food. Regards and best wishes.

Paul

Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Beautiful rooms and exterior view. Great food, friendly staff and amenities . I liked the area in which this hotel is located . It's quiet, clean and safe. I will certainly come back again. Overall, lovely experience.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Redlands_Hotel, General Manager at Redlands Hotel and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Thank you so much for your review and comments. Really appreciated and lovely yo hear. Regards and best wishes. Paul

Reviewed 7 February 2020

beautiful rooms, supper and breakfast was awesome. i enjoyed my stay there. receptionists were professional and informative. Location is great i slept very well. Staff is very professional and will surely visit again

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Redlands_Hotel, General Manager at Redlands Hotel and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Thank you so much for staying at Redlands and for your review. This is really appreciated.

Reviewed 4 December 2019

Well maintained facilities and friendly staff always willing to help where possible. Loved the room and the fact that I could order dinner and have it brought to the room after a long day. Breakfast & Supper was also value for money.

Date of stay: November 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Redlands_Hotel, General Manager at Redlands Hotel and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review REdlands Hotel and for your comments. All the very best.

Paul