Emdoneni Lodge(Hluhluwe)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$131
US$90
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

US$150
  • Pool
Leopard Walk Lodge(Hluhluwe)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$219
US$214
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hlulala Guest House(Hluhluwe)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$48
  • Pool
WE Bushcamp & Horse Safaris(Hluhluwe)(Great Value!)
US$38
Hluhluwe Backpackers(Hluhluwe)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsheritage safari lodgethe reservezulu nyalacharity auctiongame driveselephant interactionrented a carindian oceanday tripsouth africasilent auctionbuffet stylefront porchwear layersadded costthree nightsincredible trip
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Recently had the pleasure of staying at the Game Lodge and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Although there are conference facilities, the only people I spoke to were on holiday, some part of organised tours and others on self constructed breaks. The lodge has a commanding position on a hilltop overlooking the Bush. It's very photogenic and there are incredible sunsets.The facilities are excellent and the staff are extremely friendly and obliging. Although the food is buffet style, there's plenty of variety and all is of high quality. Drinks are reasonably priced. Being a smaller reserve it's possible to see a good variety of game and our warden (Manie) took us on an amazing off road experience in pursuit of the elusive elephants.We were rewarded with an almost nose to trunk encounter! There are no Lions on the reserve but we did see all of the large game on two drives.
For those who wish to keep in touch with the outside world,I note previous comments about slow internet access. The WiFi is free of charge and adequate for emails/Facebook etc but coverage is limited to the lobby.There is cellphone coverage throughout the Lodge

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Docstu
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My sister invited me to go join her on a six-day photo safari she bought at a charity auction. It was the first time either of us had gone to South Africa. Overall, the experience was a wonderful experience. We stayed in one of the tents. The space was very comfortable for two, and it was a short walk to the dining room in the morning. We both loved it wen dinner was in the Boma, an outdoor space with an open pit fireplace.

Te drives to see the animals were very informative. Schulk an Manie are great rangers, and are very patient and informative in describing the environment and biology of the area. Manie gave an informative "night sky" tutorial on our last day there during a night drive.

The food was very good, and I appreciate the buffet style service. I was able to pick a wide variety of items, and loved the desserts!

The gift shop at the lodges are very overpriced compared to the Rosebank African Crafts and the Rooftop Market, were the same goods were sold at half the price. Buyers beware!

The very slow internet service costs .5 rand per minute, and even a simple log in a single email cost 3 rand. Laundry is not self service, and is pricey. Bring along detergent and hand wash instead. There is some pressure to add additional trips on to the stay, and the extras add up very fast. If you stay on the Zulu Nyala property, you see different animals every day, although they do not have lions.

Overall, I would recommend the place, especially if you want an affordable and interesting safari experience. I think I will try other places before returning to this park, though.

Room Tip: Stay in the tents. They are spacious, clean, and have great views of sunsets and the zebras. Also, do not wear white on the game drives. This is not written in the literature. "Light colored clothes" does not include white. Wear khaki, olive, of brown for the best camouflage.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Judy K
Reviewed 16 September 2011

the lodge at the zulu Nyala is quite pretty and the food is good. We were temporarily put up at the Heritage part of the ZUlu Nyala which was inferior in every way, including the food, cleanliness and the accommodation.

Room Tip: make sure yu get the room with a view...do not stay at the Heritage, only the Lodge.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 202mariannc
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Its expensive to take 4 teenagers on a game viewing weekend and there are many upmarket lodges that are mostly unaffordable, so we were grateful to have found this little gem. It gave us a break from cooking for the masses, which we would have had to have done had we stayed at any of the national parks and the buffet dinners and breakfasts were superb, not only because they fed us well, but were well prepared and good wholesome food. The Kudu pie is hugely recommended!

I've been game viewing for most of my adult life and this was the first time I have seen Cheetah in the wild with 6 surviving cubs, all in very good condition! Our game ranger Simo was fantastic and very experienced.

The Hluhluwe Game reserve is very close by and as Zulu Nyala has limited species and is a small reserve, one is able to view just about anything here. One can either self drive or go on game drives here.

The staff at Zulu Nyala are very friendly and so willing to make one's stay comfortable. Of course being out in the bush means that often stuff like internet doesn't work or is very slow, but this is part of the experience.

The teenagers had such a great time, made friends with Sophie the people friendly camp giraffe and we had such a relaxing time, acquired a few more calorie induced pounds and left very happy! This is not the most up-market swish establishment, but then we could never have afforded it for 6 of us if it was! We liked the small homely friendly atmosphere that the staff tried so hard to provide and this is certainly what money can't buy! We'll certainly be back!

Room Tip: The rooms are in a state of continous upgrade and if you are unlucky to get onle of the older ones, try and be moved to a more suitable room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Tony K
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I had the pleasure of of working at this amazing establishment!! The people I got to work with were so outstanding. People need to realize how much the staff works and for basically next to nothing. The accommodation is gorgeous!! I still got excited everyday when I woke up and saw Zebras! The food was all made from scratched, and believe someone who got to work behind the scenes it was a lot of work preparing the food and the restaurant! Especially the Boma! After living there for a month at Zulu Nyala for a month it was hard to return home to Canada. I hope that people go there and enjoy it because It was just magical for me! I pray that someday I will be able to go back again! If you have the chance just up the road is a place to interact with Elephant! Please send the money it is so worth it!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends