Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Z7908NZandred
South Africa

Total mind blowing experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 09 May 2024
The lodge facilities, setting, accommodation, food & wine were top-notch.
The staff hosted us with a smile and excellent service.
Especially Yvonne, exceeded expectations from making the reservation, go above and beyond by orchestrating a beautiful decorating room, thank you.
Thanda Safari Lodge ensures that their guests have an authentic and unforgettable experience at their lodge
We will definitely be going back again.
Andre D.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Book in advance
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    R 12 030
    R 13 064
11.0 km from Thanda Safari Lodge
View more hotels in Hluhluwe
All reviews plunge pool game drives the reserve herd of elephants zulu culture safari lodge very special place male lion wake up call main gate following morning tracker knowledge ranger bush fireplace guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 March 2024

The most incredible place .. amazing staff that make you feel like family and fabulous safari. Everything about Thanda is incredible with only 9 lodges you really do feel special . Would highly recommend a stay if you want a holiday to remember.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lara Soldat, Other at Thanda Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2024

Thank you for your feedback.
It is always wonderful to read that our guests enjoyed their stay!
We hope to welcome you back to your bush home soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2024 via mobile

Big 5 game resort (and we saw them all!)! We are totally overwhelmed by the amazing Zulu Hospitality for friendliness and knowledge of everybody we met. The delicious food, the beautiful resort and lodges and of course the close encounters with the extraordinary wildlife!!!🤩🤩🤩

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2024 via mobile

Had a great stay here. Wonderful hospitality. Very friendly staff. The food was very good. We enjoyed the game drives and our guide and tracker were great. Saw lots of lions. The room was lovely. Great views. We had a very enjoyable stay here.

Reviewed 18 February 2024 via mobile

We spent 1 night at Thanda as part of a cruise excursion. What an absolute joy! We were treated like royalty from the minute we arrived. The game reserve is fantastic and genuine. The lodge and rooms are over the top, pristine and beautifully decorated. The food was fantastic and most importantly the drives were awesome. Our guide Jacque and tracker Sichivolo were the best of the best. They worked so hard to make sure we saw as many wildlife as possible and had incredible eagle eyes. They were so informative as well. We were treated to a fantastic Zulu dance show at our boma which was thoroughly enjoyed. Would love to come back for a future stay, for a longer period of time!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lara Soldat, Other at Thanda Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2024

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are delighted that you had a wonderful stay!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2024 via mobile

Let me start by saying the staff is wonderful!!! Every single one of them! I stayed 2 nights a few days ago and I enjoyed my stay with a few hiccups . Only 9 villas and we were in 9 so it’s quit a walk if you’re older like my dad is . The view was fabulous but it’s a little hike .
Also we are in the bush I get it lol but lots of lizards in the room and bugs . I almost didn’t make it past one night but I’m happy I did because the game drives are amazing! Very special and I will remember them forever !
Another thing I wasn’t a fan of theres no menus the chef comes and tells you what’s in for lunch and dinner every day . Mmmmm not a fan I’m so picky I like to see all the ingredients listed . But THE FOOD was very good !! Top quality !
The spa was wonderful had the best massage ! Also room was air conditioned hahah!
The day we were leaving (only stayed 2 nights)
The guys rocked up and came to open my door
I was just done showering and I had it locked the door they came down with bags of another guest it was only 10am our checkout was 11 ! I was truly shocked and confused.
With no explanation! Also our last morning we waited 35 min for our game drive . They said I canceled ,???? Never said no to anyone . They picked me up from the room makes no sense ! But again I enjoyed myself and mistakes happen but Mangement needs to look into it since the day before I didn’t do any game drives just relaxed in the villa and spa . Also had a pool and didn’t use it very merky water . Also brush your teeth with bottled water .
Would u return no. And that’s only because of the bugs the Beatles are huge and all over while you are eating at night so that’s not my thing ! But thanks to the staff for making my dad super happy and dreams come true !

Room tip: If you have mobility issues do not book room 9 . Also if you are not a bug person this is not for you !
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that the staff were wonderful.

We do try our best to accommodate our older guests closer to the public areas but we do need to be advised in advance so this can be done. Unfortunately there is not very much we can do about the lizards and bugs in the rooms as we are in the Zululand bush. The lizards mentioned are geckos and these assist us by eating mosquitoes and certain bugs. We do offer repellent in all suites so that guests can use this if required.
We do apologize that our menu offerings were not to your taste. Again, this can be pre-arranged by completing our guest information form prior to your arrival so that we can best prepare for your stay and our Chef would have gladly tailored a menu for you.
We do apologize for the miscommunication with regards to game drive and of course for luggage arriving at your suite prior to departure. This has been addressed with the Team and will be discussed with all staff. We have also let our maintenance team know about the murky water at the pool so this can be rectified.

We're sorry to hear that you will not visit us again but happy that your Dad enjoyed his stay.