“Tranquillity on a Gondola”
Review of Zulumoon Gondolas

US$17,03*
Picnic Gondola Boat Ride at Durban Point Waterfront Canal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Uniquely African Gondola boats will take you along Durban's beautiful waterfront canals....Feel far away from it all...A tranquil trip. Day Rides,Romantic Night Rides, Picnics, Message in a Bottle,Weddings, Events, Team Buildings, Masqued Rides.
Durban, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tranquillity on a Gondola”
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I have seen these Gondola's on various social media platforms but never actually enquired about them until I had seen a promotion on GroupOn. It was quite surprising at how reasonable the price was and without hesitation I bought the deal. I was not sure about the booking process so I emailed the team at Zulumoon Gondola's and within 15 minutes I had received a call and was provided with the relevant steps to book the ride. The response was quick, efficient and very politely done. I booked for the first available time on the day which was 11am via the website and all I had to do was arrive with my GroupOn voucher and go to the canal where the boat is docked. The directions provided by Zulumoon Gondola's are clear and precise and if followed correctly one cannot miss the boats. We had arrived around 10 minutes earlier and within about 5 minutes the gondolier arrived, had a look at my voucher and asked us to hop on in.

Then we were off, the weather was still, sunny even though there were a bunch of clouds in the sky, we could not have asked for better weather. The ride was smooth, peaceful and provides a real tranquil feeling. The scenery was just amazing, you would see the sun beaming down on the water, some of the locals enjoying a quiet snack on the benches around the canal and also some really cool apartment and small business buildings.

This was just an amazing experience at a very budget friendly price and I highly recommend it for everyone as you will not be disappointed. The team is quick, efficient and very accommodating, I will surely be back for more rides.

Visited August 2016
ZMGJWL, Owner at Zulumoon Gondolas, responded to this review, 17 August 2016
Hi Kaveshan thank you so much for taking time to give us this wonderful feedback, it has been shared with the team and the Gondolier who took your ride. This is so appreciated and really makes a difference to us all. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time on the gondolas and that it was a relaxing one and cant wait to have you back with us in the future. Have a wonderful week further. Kim

Amanzimtoti, South Africa
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Lovely afternoon with hubby, children and nephew”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely relaxing afternoon with my family. Kim is an absolute star and was very accommodating. All the staff are super friendly. Drifting along the canals was super relaxing and we enjoyed some lovely family time. From booking right to the end of the gondola ride, it was fantastic. I highly recommend this activity!

Visited August 2016
ZMGJWL, Owner at Zulumoon Gondolas, responded to this review, 15 August 2016
Ahhh so good to hear you had a relaxing time and thank you so much for your kind words we really do appreciate it. Have a wonderful week ahead. Kim
“A romantic sunset never to forget ”
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Having trawled the Internet for something that would break the boredom and monotony of the day, I by chance came upon Zulumoon Gondolas. I had seen the canal and the gondolas when visiting Ushaka but for some reason my mind never put two and two together. After some further investigation, and complete indecisiveness on my part, I sent the Zulumoon team an email. The dilemma? There was so much to choose from! All was catered for! Young and old, the sweets in a bottle next on my to do list as I can only imagine my son's excitement. However, having decided that I would treat hubby to an outing (about the only decision I was capable of making) I asked the dream team (so they shall be named as they were very accommodating, even being so kind as to find out sunset times) for their recommendations but inevitably the decision had to be made and I eventually settled on the romantic picnic ride after much deliberations. The day was upon us! Or shall I say eve. We made our way down to the docks to be welcomed by Bongani our gondoliers and fine photographer if the snaps he took of us on my cellular contraption are anything to go by. Bongani was not only a fine photographer but seemed to know when the moment called for silence and as we made our way down the canal in a gondola (which I learnt from our dear friend Bongani, was made by the proprietors) we had the honour of witnessing one of the most spectacular sunsets. After basking in the last rays of the sun, we dug into the picnic with a fervour. We were fed! On love, on the experience and yes, the great picnic, and our souls were happy. Alas dream team, you shall have to deal with me again shortly! I intend to try out every single ride! Starting with message in a bottle. Oh wait, no, sweets in a bottle. I remember making mention that I would treat my son next. Thank you so much for sharing your gondolas with us and for the incredible experience!

Visited June 2016
ZMGJWL, Owner at Zulumoon Gondolas, responded to this review, 11 August 2016
Thank you so much for your beautiful words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your special time with us and really appreciate you taking the time to send us this wonderful review.Can't wait to see you again soon on the Gondolas. Kind regards Kim
Durban, South Africa
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gondola Ride”
Reviewed 16 May 2016

A lovely relaxing Sunday afternoon Gondola Ride with my husband. Nice to enjoy the ride actually on the water - the Canal is a lot longer when sailing on it as to what it seems from the shore line.

Visited May 2016
ZMGJWL, Owner at Zulumoon Gondolas, responded to this review, 17 May 2016
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are so pleased you enjoyed your ride and were able to relax.
Kind regards
Kim
Zulumoon Gondolas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience ”
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

With trepidation I booked a gondola ride with Zulumoon Gondolas unsure what to expect. It was a birthday gift to my husband with my idea being that to give him a birthday filled with amazing and new experiences.
On the day before we had scheduled the gondola ride there was a severe storm in Durban. Concerned that the weather was not suitable for the ride I emailed Zulumoon Gondolas and requested a change of date. Jeff from Zulumoon Gondolas promptly replied and stated that there would be no issue in rescheduling. He was impressive in his professionalism and willingness to assist me. He continuously emailed me and kept in touch until a new date for the ride was scheduled. On the day we arrived for the gondola ride we were greeted warmly and treated to a wonderful experience with a fantastic surprise involving sweets in a bottle. I will not elaborate as i do not want to spoil the surprise for anyone else who may book for this experience. My son and husband both had a fantastic time
And it turned out to be an amazing experience for my husband.
I would highly recommend this experience to anyone visiting Durban or uShaka.

Visited March 2016