“End of year breakfast”

Surf Riders Food Shack
Ranked #14 of 662 Restaurants in Durban
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

It was the first time to Surf Riders, would definitely recommend it. The restaurant is situated by Addington Beach and you are right on the beach prommenade. Parking wasn't a problem.
We had a table of 13 people and the waiter handled it with ease. He was efficient, friendly and attentive. The breakfast was absolutely delicious.
The kids loved the milkshakes.
The chef has paid careful attention to detail on each dish so the presentation was lovely. Would definitely be back.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I have been told that I am hard to be pleased, I agree fully. I believe that if you are a service provider you must live up to a standard that will produce loyal customers. The only way to mould first time customer to regular loyal clientele is exactly the recipe Surf Riders Shack followed.Learn from them.

The weather did not permit much wondering as wind and rain was pretty much all we got whilst in Durban. We wanted an informal restaurant with an ocean view and this is what we got..

Greeted by a exceptional friendly team at the door we were told that the cosy seating inside was full due to a booked xmas party but we are welcome to sit outside. Outside had the best view of the ocean but was drenched in rain and didn't look cosy at all. That all changed..

The manager and his team dried the bench and from the start to the end the service by cosmos our waiter was fast and of high standard! Man don't you just love when someone gives attention to your orders and delivers each drink and meal in good timing and with enthusiasm.

The food is ridiculously good! No really the ribs, salad, fries, sweet potato fries and the juices are insanely tasty!

I would drive miles or kilometers for Surf Riders Food shack and so should you

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Surf Riders is a great spot for breakfast after an exhausting but fun surf!
We went there several times in 2016 after a surf whilst working at Addington Hospital.
They are quick, the food is delicious - try the Bacon Benedict! - and the staff fun and friendly!
One of my favorite places in Durban!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I have frequented this restaurant many times because of the varied food and great location. My last visit on Sunday 5th November with my wife was somewhat disappointing. Service to get a table was great and we were very quickly seated outside under an umbrella to shield us from the sun. Drinks orders were fine and we chose our food. I ordered a pizza with ham, olives and salami. The pizza served at Surf Rider is somewhat smaller than the traditional round ones and I noted the skimping of cheese, not filling the entire area but leaving a 6cm gap around the edge.
Fortunately it was on my last bite that I tasted a last piece of ham and it tasted like the smell of a wet dog! I almost threw up.
To ask for the Bill should be done when you arrive. then you should get it after the meal. Not impressed. There are better restaurant choices in Durban.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Recently ordered a Margarita Pizza and Sweet Potato Fries to go. Its a rather chilly drizzly day in Durban and nothing better than something warm and comforting to eat. My first time to eat from here and the sweet potato fries were deliciously prepared especially having it with their special mayo and chilli dip. The pizza was good too nothing heavy to make to feel bloated. Just perfect to make one feel just right.