All reviewssea viewbreakfast was deliciousenjoyed our stayumhlangabalconyvenueduvetconferenceafrica
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Wonderful Hotel that I would recommend to everyone who appreciates the good things in life. Views are magnificent, staff attentive, serice above standard. it is also conveniently situated to all the major areas of Durban

Room Tip: there are two executive suites that are out of this world.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Ive been using the facilities at Endless Horizons for many years and have never been disappointed! The staff are always friendly and extend a recognition welcome to me as a frequent guest. The food from the kitchen is brilliant and well presented. Room are clean and well laid out for business and personal stays. I do find that from time to time the WiFi is a bit unreliable, but generally its good.

The views are exceptional and give you a panoramic view of Durban in all its splendor.

I'm just a bit disappointed that there is only one range of wine available!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 December 2016

We had booked to stay at this hotel for 2 nights, the 25th and 26th November 2016. My husband had kept the location, and last 2 days of our holiday a surprise.
When we arrived the place looked amazing, particularly the view.
When we got to our room, we were a bit disappointed by how cramped and tiny the room was, and it was not well appointed at all.
A white bar fridge in full view from the bed, an office chair that was simply in the way, rooms that are not sound proof, a shame of a balcony with no privacy...boutique hotel?? 5 star?? I do not think so. Even the location is quite dodge.
We woke up on Saturday morning to a hotel that had no electricity...we thought "this happens, lets give them some slack" but pray tell! What 5 star hotel has no back up generator??
We had breakfast, and set off on our day. I must mention that there was no word of acknowledgement from anyone at the hotel, including the manager who kept walking up and down during breakfast about the fact that there was no electricity! As if this was normal.
We returned at around 2pm. Still no electricity, and still no word from anyone at this facility. Again, we left and went out for a late lunch, we returned at around 7pm to a pitch dark hotel!!
Out of frustration, we decided to leave and go and find a more hospitable hotel. We demanded to be reimbursed for the 1 night, and after interacting with a very unprofessional manager, who failed to manage the situation (and called me immature when I asked when the lights would be back on), we managed to get the GM to confirm that we would be reimbursed.
We left this dark, inhospitable and quiet "5 star boutique hotel", and headed into Umhlanga where we found a lovely hotel at half the price where the service was great. Unlike our experience at Endless Horizon.

Our biggest issue was not the fact that there was no electricity, it was the sheer disrespect and lack of communication towards paying guests. Just a simple acknowledgement of the situation would have gone a long way.
Pathetic place that we will never return to.
Definitely NOT a 5 star in any event.
Great news though, after following up, our refund was paid...2 weeks later.

Room Tip: We stayed in number 7 - Very small room; don't bring your kids, luggage or anything. Balcony not private.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lungile M
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, lovely sea views , clean and neat. Food was very well presented and tasty. Sheets were abit old and torn, and the plug socket was loose, so I battled to charge my laptop. When made aware of the problems, it was sorted out quickly and efficiently. Overall a lovely place with very lovely staff

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2016

We stayed here for two nights, mainly for easy access to the road north to St Lucia for hippo viewing. What a treat! The hotel is beautiful, with large inviting open areas at the entrance and a deck overlooking the Indian Ocean. We were greeted by Pearl, who was the epitome of warmth and service. We'd lost our plug converter and she immediately loaned us one to recharge our various devices (how did we manage in the "old" days? Mostly we got lost!). Billy lugged our bags to our room and got us oriented. The room was a standard, but very nicely done with lots of space, seating, closets and a large bathroom. The bed was very comfy, one of our best sleeps on this trip. There's easy access to Gateway mall (we don't shop but we needed to replace our plug converter) and a variety of restaurants in the immediate area. We didn't have dinner here, but based on the included gourmet hot and cold breakfast (amazing eggs Benny and Gypsy - new to us) my guess is dinner would be more than acceptable. Secure parking and an attentive and friendly staff - you can't go wrong. My only regret is not going a bit upscale and getting a room with an ocean view. My advice, splurge here and get the best experience. Great value and lovely service - we will be back next time we are in SA.

Room Tip: Splurge and get an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple